A Minor Declaw Surgery

carmeniris

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I really hope your cat gets better. My female cat was declawed before I adopted her after the previous owners gave her up. I have had her for eight years and she still seems to be in pain at times based on how she holds her paws expecially the right one.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor kitty. I've seen them lose claws before, and you may never know how it happened, but it sure must have been painful. And it's almost a perfect prescription for infection.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Owie! Just reading her story hurts. I can't imagine the pain of having one's nail ripped off!
Poor baby! For the litter, did you get special litter like Yesterday's News or Feline Pine? I had heard that those are better for post-op cats than regular clay litter.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
to beautiful Molly.

I don't know what it is about today - but I am feeling physically ill after going through this thread. I should've been prepared for it given the title. Poor baby.

Laurie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I found her claw.
She's an insane scratched & looks like that's what got her.

She was scratching & playing on her turbo scratcher last night. Rubbed all over my face all night & eventually draped across my head to sleep.
That's my Molly Dolly.

Her paw doesn't seem to bother her much, she smacked a dog upside the head with the paw. Climbs up & down off the windowsill fairly easily.

Oh yes....and she's seperated from the other kits so she uses yesterday's news for litter instead of the chicken feed everyone else uses.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Well, I found her claw.
She's an insane scratched & looks like that's what got her.
are you saying she pulled it off scratching on something?

glad to hear she's doing better & the pain is lessening

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, it looks like she pulled it off scratching.
I think it's more likely she damaged it somehow & it came off further when scratching.