A Little White Growth On My Cat's Skin? (photo)

sasko8899

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. My cat has always been quite vexed being touched on both hips. The fur there was thick and recently few hair knots has formed, I decided to shave my cat's hind legs after watching a video on how to do it. After, I noticed a little white thing on its skin. I wonder what the thing is and whether it could cause pain to him? See attachments.

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's possible it's just a skin tag. He is an older cat? It's really hard to say just what this is. Could even be what would be similar to a mole on humans. I don't see why cats couldn't have the same type of thing...we just would normally see them because of all that fur :wink: Does that particular spot seem to bother him? You said he doesn't like his hips to be touched. Again, I wonder if he might have arthritis in them, especially if he's older. That might explain why he developed mats in his fur there. If so, you could try giving him some Cosequin.

Snowhite525

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That does appear and present itself just like a skin tag. We call those old man warts. Lol. But to error on the side of caution it is never a bad idea to get a professional opinion on it. Or if you don't want to take your kitty in at the very least watch it closely and if it changes in appearance at all - then take him in.