A Good Mouser

Mystikal kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Uncle whose the property owner wants the cats gone but I'm going to try to get it so Tyge stays seeing how within the last couple of days he has captured three mice. We (my cousin and I) take it as soon as Tyge gets it. He is such a good mouser even though he gets Midnight mad seeing how she is vigilant with stalking the mouse.
If anyone has more than 1 cat, does the cats share in capturing a mouse?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats DO share, usually one catching the mouse and the other stealing it! I've seen mine have a mouse in between them and keep it between them with the mouse running back and forth. My cats bring at least three mice a day home, and that is just the ones I see. I hope you can convince your Uncle that he will be overrun with rabbits and mice if he gets rid of the cats. The mice and rabbits around here do a lot more damage than the cats. They chew up wiring and holes in everything, and the rabbits destroy trees and eat all the flowers and vegetable plants in the garden. If he would spend the money to get them neutered and spayed, there would be no more and they would stop the spraying and various other annoying habits. Bless you for trying to save them, keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mystikal kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He feels just like I do- the cats are my cousins so it's his responsibility to take care of them. My Uncle takes care of Midnight - he paid for her to get fixed last year ( he had wanted someone to call the different vets around here to get a quote so I did it and was quoted $300 yet it costs my Uncle over a grand seeing how the vet kept telling us Midnight's liver enzymes were up and we had to give her a pill everyday for a month then when an ultrasound was done of her liver there was nothing wrong it was because she was still a kitten. Every time the vet called here I wasn't allowed to talk to him yet I'm the one who first called. In a way I'm glad seeing how I would have given the vet a piece of my mind.)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I know how expensive it is. I have spayed so many I have lost count, but it is still cheaper than all those kittens growing up and yet more! I pay around 175.00 including shots and thought THAT was high! You may google cheaper places in your area, we have drives a couple times a year in a neighboring town that does them cheap, 25.00 a cat. Find a vet that is cheaper too, most people can't afford 1000.00 for a cat. They are out there, I switched three times before I found a good one!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mystikal kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The vet is close by plus that was the cheapest one I could find last year. They also have very good ratings. The cats that are inside stay inside. All the other cats ( belong to a neighbor) around us have been fixed so no threat of kittens around here unless someone who drives past dumps one.