A Friend For Shadow

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Everyone,
Just need some opinions. I recently adopted my cat Shadow. I now have him about 5 months and I love him alot. He has a very special place in my heart. He came into my life after losing my precious Mickey. He has really helped me cope with the pain over losing Mickey. Well Shadow is a warm and friendly cat. I was thinking that he may like a cat friend. I am seriously considering adoptng another cat. Most times I have only had one cat ar a time and they were always happy being the only cat . I know Shadow would have welcomed a friend when I first got him as he was so friendly with the other cats. I felt bad when they would hiss at him. However I am not so sure if he would welcome another cat now. He seems very happy and is so spoiled. He may not want to share his home now with a friend. I am really not sure what I should do. I would welcome some opinions. Please let me know what you think. Shadow is about a year and a half years old and he has been with me for five months now.
I am not sure if I posted this in the appropriate forum. If not, please feel free to move it .
Thanks for all your advice in advance!!

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't get another cat unless you yourself wants another one. Unless gotten together as kittens, chances are it will take awhile for your cats to become best friends, if that even happens. That's why it's better to get another one for you and not your cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Hexiesfriend , thanks so much for your quick response. I guess I do really want another cat. I love Shadow with all my heart and I would love for him to be close to me. I know Shadow loves me but when he wants hugs and cuddles he much prefers my husband over me. I have talked to other people concerning this and they don't understand it. I do everything for him. I am the only one that feeds him, cleans and changes his litter box, give him all his toys and spend the most time with him. My husband don't have that much time to spend with him but he does love Shadow as much as I do. I would like another cat but not if that cat will upset Shadow. I would never do anything to upset him. I may just stay with Shadow alone then and think more about it. Thanks for your advice!