A Forum Etiquette Question...

missm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello!
I have a little question: Even though I have not been a member of TCS for very long at all (hardly two months); is it considered all right for me to post "welcome" notes in the New Cats on the Block forum? I noticed that it is usually long-time members of TCS that do the welcoming most of the time.
I was just wondering because when I did join, the welcoming posts really did make me feel welcome and I would like to pass it on to the newest members too - but I'm not sure if I should be part of TCS for a longer time first

Thanks!

lauren_miller

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I usually post to the new user threads as I see them. I don't always see them because I log in and click the "new posts" button.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah its fine for you to post a welcome to the new people, I find its the best way to start to get to know a member

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would certainly think new members can be welcomed by anyone!
The more welcomes, the more people will feel at home here and I would think the more people will post.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your answers! I'm new to forums and so a little unsure of what to do sometimes

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
By all means welcome new members. The more, the merrier!

Thanks for your sensitivity to board etiquette, though, and checking on something you weren't sure about, even if it did turn out not to be a problem.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MissM

Thank you all for your answers! I'm new to forums and so a little unsure of what to do sometimes
It would great if you join to us to say "Welcome" at the newbies!...

Thanks for your consideration!...

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Thanks for your sensitivity to board etiquette, though, and checking on something you weren't sure about, even if it did turn out not to be a problem.
I agree, it's a good question