a couple of questions.

ak47

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten is about 3 months old and ever since I adopted him from the shelter I've noticed that after he eats he paws around his whole dish, as if he's cleaning up or saving food for later? I have only ever owned 2 other cats before and they never did this.

Also one other thing is when he's cuddly he likes to come up and lick my cheeks and chin.. I don't know if I should stop him ddoing this or not or why he even does it.

tammyp

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi Ak47,

Mine also do these things.  The 'burying' behaviour usually is because Kato doesn't like the smell of the food, so he wants to bury it.  But I have heard they might do this also to 'save' it for later.  You'll get to know what your kitten means after a while.  It's one of their amusing quirks and nothing to worry about.

Same with the licking.  Cats will only lick those they regard as 'family', so take it as a high compliment.  Of course, if you don't like it, then you can re-position your kitten into a cuddle that is away from your face...

molldee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats do this. After they eat enough, they "bury" it for later. If they finished the whole bowl, they don't paw at the ground. So I think it is to save it for later.