a cat just peed on me while was asleep

middybloodrose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ok i just moved back in with my parents and she has two cats i already knew and one of them was a little skittish at sight of me i thought it was because of my cat hat but i toke it off and he was still afraid of me >.> she also has another young kitten that sits there and stares at me and if i move she runs i found her pawing at me a few times when i was sleeping one night and moved and she ran off a couple of nights latter she did it again but after i moved she moved over my legs and just stared to urinate on me

can any one tell me why

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought "territorial marking" at first, but that's so much more common in males than females.

It's not totally unknown in females though.

Not being spayed/neutered raises the chances that you'll end up with this spraying/marking behavior. You say it's a "kitten"--is she spayed, or is she still too young? If she's not spayed yet, I'd make an appointment for as soon as you can get it, and for the boy too.

jenny1978

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'd also go with teritoral marking as well. You are new to her world and usually cats dont seem to adjust well to change sometimes.

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think she really needs a trip to the vet. Either she peed because she was so nervous once she realized she was on YOU..or she has some kind of UTI problem causing her to dribble or urinate when she doesn't mean/want to. At any rate, a trip to the vet is best to rule out any issues like that.

If she is still a tiny kitten, it could be that she just isn't properly house trained. Have there been any other problems with her urinating outside the litter box? Is she indoor only or indoor/outdoor?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

middybloodrose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i just looked around the house she is now sniffing at my fingers from a safe distance shes still alittle skittish towards me but she has not done it again i found her litter box was in need of changing >.< so i delt with that i think that was part of the problem and all three of the cats are indoor cats >.> to many traps in my city to let them out .

she has started to be playful while im around but she checks to make sure that i have not moved

thanks for all your replys and ill get on them once the vet opens

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're very smart to keep them indoors. If you hang around TCS at all, you'll hear lots of horrible stuff about what happens to cats that get let out, especially in the city. Just this week somebody came in talking about their cat having been shot. I guess it used to be safer, before highways and antifreeze puddles and kids with BB guns and stuff. Not in the modern age. Thankfully, cats can be happy indoors, just like humans can be--especially if they have a window to watch out of.

Re. the litter box: Some cats are pickier than others--remember, they're stepping into the litter box and they've got to lick those paws clean! Since you have multiple cats, have you considered multiple litter boxes? Obviously, the more you clean the boxes, the less they smell; but scooping more than once or twice a day just gets ridiculous, so just putting down more than one box (I recommend "number of cats, plus one") allows you to make the rounds once a day and still keep all the boxes clean and smell-free.

If you have multiple floors in your house, make sure there's at least one per floor, and make sure there are no places where one cat can "casually" block another cat from using a box. I had one cat who bullied a newcomer by sitting in the hall so she couldn't get to the litter box; putting boxes accessible from either end of the hall stopped the bullying.

So yeah, I know, litter boxes are bothersome, but they're a lot less bothersome if you manage them right. I have only two cats, though--there are people here who have around six cats! For them, litter-box juggling must be a fine art.