A Carrier Or Crate For Transport W A Type Of Under Carriage To Allow For Poop Or Peep

Electronicat77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all. Obviously I'm unable to word this correctly for Google so I'm here. I have a cat who poops himself while on vehicular transportation and I'd like to invest in a carrier or crate that has like a bottom drawer pull out for his accidents. He actually poops himself and he just stays there on top of his poop so his entire under carriage is pooped. And it's not good poop, its lousy moussey poop. He's not wormy, he eats hi grade well, seems to be just nerves. So you know like bird cages have that bottom drawer for removing waste so that's what I'd like in a carrier. Is there such a thing?
We thank you in advance!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Electronicat77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Clear it up again he only has the runs when he's in the car. Otherwise his poops are perfect.

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It sounds like he's experiencing anxiety to me. Have you talked to the vet about this? One of my good friends has a cat with a similar problem, and his vet prescribed an anti-anxiety medication (only for use during car trips) that made the experience a lot easier for kitty and cat parents.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not familiar with any carriers designed like that, but am very familiar with the problem from the shelter. We put a couple of puppy pads or baby changing pads in the bottom of the carriers for quick cleanup.

Electronicat77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It sounds like he's experiencing anxiety to me. Have you talked to the vet about this? One of my good friends has a cat with a similar problem, and his vet prescribed an anti-anxiety medication (only for use during car trips) that made the experience a lot easier for kitty and cat parents.
this cat is a trip. Hes only been to the vet twice but I'm thinking further ahead. this is actually abt the 25th cat I deal w transport and the first to get the runs like this. Oh and when I didnt own a car, nobody pooped themself in the metro either

But get this, he was initially a TNR but so sweet we were afraid he'd fall victim to unsavory characters so we kept him. He's only been to the vet twice. first for sterilization and then for a pesky ear mite visit, which our vet then said no mites, was yeast... So Dr Vet heard his chest and said he's as cool as cucumber. So why the runs... We named him Scully but he's so weird shoulda used Mulder

In reply to you my friend, I know abt ark naturals happy traveler and Bach's flower essences but was really hoping for a carrier that accepted accidents like w a bottom drawer pull out.

Electronicat77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm not familiar with any carriers designed like that, but am very familiar with the problem from the shelter. We put a couple of puppy pads or baby changing pads in the bottom of the carriers for quick cleanup.
Its not a quick cleanup cuz he totally settles down on it :(

This is great news tho I finally have an original invention!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They sell wire floors for Vari Kennels but there's no drawer. You could put pads or litter in the bottom part for absorption, if his poop is runny it should mostly fall down instead of stay where he steps in it.

Wire crates have a pull-out tray but some cats can get out of the bottom wire (which has wider spacing than the top part) so that's probably not the best idea.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with the puppy pads. I did that with Cindy because she had issues toward the end of her life. I also sat in the back seat of the car while hubby drove so I could carefully open the door to the carrier and remove the pad. It worked pretty good.