Young Cat
Purraise
Anyone?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have no idea what that might be. It actually looks like a vein - like what you see in light colored claws on a cat. If it is not bothering him, and you can touch it without issue, at a minimum you could send a pic of it to your vet and ask what they might believe it is. What does his gums look like, especially immediately above that tooth - any redness, perhaps some gingivitis?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd ask the vet. You can email the vet the picture or call and ask.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It looks like a groove in the tooth that has stained. If you can, try very gently rubbing it with your nail. One of my cats has similar marks and they come off with a little rubbing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rangga

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone I was a bit concerned but I’ll try rubbing it off and if it does not work then I’ll ask the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rangga

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also I want to start brushing her teeth is there any good toothpaste you would recommend?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Any pet toothpaste will work. Try something catnip or fish flavored instead of vanilla and other flavors geared more towards dogs.

CET poultry flavored toothpaste is popular. The toothpaste also comes in seafood and beef flavored which cats may like, too.

Pet stores don't sell CET products so you'll either need to buy from the vet or online from Amazon or Chewy. The CET mini cat toothbrush works great but it's only sold at part of a kit :rolleyes:

Here are two kits:

https://www.amazon.com/CET-Oral-Hygiene-Kit-Feline/dp/B00552LQ9M/ref=sr_1_28?keywords=cet+dental+kit&qid=1573261001&sr=8-28

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I may be wrong on this; pardon my typos.

There is a linear, vertical line which goes down the canine tooth. This is a way that the Vets can determine the age of kitties. Or at least one determining factors. It is nothing to be concerned about.

All normal

Please do not worry about this.

I am taking it; that you have a young cat.