A Bit Of Progress...

ExoticCatnip149

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was able to feed the 2 at odds with each other on either side of a cracked door with no reaction on either end (double fist pump) I still separated them after said feeding because I am not rushing anything. Both hate being separated from me and the 3rd (neutral cat). I've been fortunate to work remotely for the last few days and be around for this process.

Thankfully, after protesting loudly for a few minutes after sperating, they settle in and sleep.

They also seem to be interested in the others location, sniffing around quietly. I'm shooting for Saturday in terms of giving them an opportunity to be in the same room as I want to repeat the success of the morning feedings for a few more days.

Pray for us guys!

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just take it slow. The key is to make positive and safe associations to reinforce a positive feeling so that when they see the other cat they think "I know that cat, that cat is cool, not a threat". Just keep making positive associations with food and making sure each encounter is as positive as possible even if it is for a brief time period. Then try to extend the positive time. I always take it slow because if there is a negative encounter it can cause negative thoughts and that can impede progress.

Keep up the great work.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ExoticCatnip149

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank yo
Just take it slow. The key is to make positive and safe associations to reinforce a positive feeling so that when they see the other cat they think "I know that cat, that cat is cool, not a threat". Just keep making positive associations with food and making sure each encounter is as positive as possible even if it is for a brief time period. Then try to extend the positive time. I always take it slow because if there is a negative encounter it can cause negative thoughts and that can impede progress.

Keep up the great work.
Thanks so much!

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are welcome. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Keep up the great work.