A big hello from Sally's mom

sweet sally2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello All,

I am Sally's mom and I thought I would tell you just a bit about how she came to us.  Sally is a feral kitty, about one year old who was living with her male partner in our neighborhood.  I had been feeding the male for several years and had tried repeatedly to trap him with no luck.  I'll explain why in a minute.  About two weeks ago he, Sly, was injured and went downhill quickly.  Finally, I was able to trap him, but after the vet checked him out, she said he not only had Feline L. but several other problems that would be hard to treat.  So, we decided to have him euthanized, never an easy choice, but the right one in this case.  We then knew we had to get Sally as quickly as possible because other stray males began hanging around.  Fortunately, she was much easier to trap and get to the vet.  She had a clean bill of health, not even worms, but was ever so slightly pregnant.  We decided to go ahead and spay her and now, here we are.  This is our second week together, she is still pretty upset, but I think she will make it.  Before I trapped her, she would come when I called her and would let me pet her more and more.

After we had Sly put to sleep, I told our new neighbor who is a real cat lover.  She must have told others and lo and behold I got a weird thank you card from one of them thanking me for giving Sly the "human touch" at the end.  Apparently, she used to feed him, but when he got in a fight with another stray that she adopted, she brought her stray in a quit feeding Sly. No wonder I could not get him in the trap!  He was never that hungry.  Needless to say, I have not responded.  Why do people think cats can survive without us?  They can't!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww!  Poor Sal!  But I am glad you were able to help him to a peaceful end!  And I'm so happy to hear Sally is with you and being well taken care of!

Welcome to TCS!