9Month old Kitten keeps biting our new 9 week old kitten

louise 28

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can anyone give me some advice please,we have a 9 month old persian X Chinchilla kitten and we recently got another kitten from the same mum who is now 9 weeks old.
The elder kitten plays a bit with her but then starts biting her so at the moment I'm not confident leaving them out alone unsupervised , she is in a large pen when we are not home.
I'm worried that the elder cat could harm the smaller kitten.
Anyone got advice for us as when we can leave them out together permanently ?
Thankyou

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How long have you had the 9 week old kitten?  It's still too young to be away from momma and siblings.  Most breeders I know do not release until 12 weeks of age.  Is the 9 month old spayed or neutered?  If not, you need to do that asap. 

Keep them separated for about a week and do a proper introduction.  Jackson Galaxy gives some excellent tips on this in the video below.  The 9 month old probably won't intentionally hurt the kitten but it could be hormones (if not fixed) or it could be showing the little one that they are the dominant... That this is their house first.  You are wise not to leave them alone together unsupervised.  Keep interactions brief so you do not overwhelm. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

louise 28

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
THANKYOU so much for your quick response.
Yes the 9 month old is neutered, the kitten we have had for a week.
The video was very helpful and we have been feeding them together without any dramas, no hissing or growling but the older cat has become subdued somewhat since the arrival of the kitten [emoji]128532[/emoji]
We will give the kitten her own room to play until she is 3 months old and keep interaction brief and supervised.
The kitten tends to jump and goad the elder cat into play which ends in fisticuffs !
Any more advice would be appreciated.
Thankyou again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

louise 28

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would like to share a video of the 2 cats how do I do that ?