9 Month Old Pulled Off And Ate Somewhat Large Piece Of Toy

lizamcm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
so Delta pulled apart a feather toy and ate a fairly big piece of it before I could get to her. This was the day before yesterday. She has had plenty of energy, and is maybe a little more aggressive than usual this evening (but she's honestly pretty aggressive all the time). She has eaten fine and used the litterbox. She has pooped twice. I haven't seen any evidence of this feather though!

I'm going out of town tomorrow and won't be back until Sunday. My roommate is going to be around to feed her, but she doesn't really pay much attention to her BC they don't really get along too well...

I'm nervous about the feather and the fact I can't continue to monitor for the next couple of days. She swallowed the feather on Monday night, and today is Wednesday... :-/

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If it was just a feather, then I wouldn't be too worried about it...cats eat birds and I would venture to say then consume some feathers along with them. If there was anything else, though, along with that feather, that could cause a blockage or problems, like a string, then there might be cause for worry. Was there?

Just ask your roommate to monitor for vomiting or loss of appetite, and of course, make sure she continues to poop. If there are issues, then Delta would need to be seen by a Vet, sooner than later.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you positive she swallowed it? Cats usually will cough that kind of thing back up.

When Hector used to kill rodents she would swallow the whole thing and cough the bones fur etc back up.