8 Week Old Kitten With Cluster Seizures - Need Help

etnica99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

My friend just welcomed an 8 week old kitten, unfortunately he is suffering from regular seizures. A Seizure may last a couple of minutes or even longer. This is happening every day , sometimes more than once. The vet prescribed valium (which is leaving him sleepy and sedated) and phenobarbital 3mg morning and night.
kitty.jpg

Any one here knows of an alternative treatment, which is not that harsh on the liver ? any change in diet which might help? anyone with similar experiences please?
Putting the kitty to sleep is not an option. She is trying to do her best to find a treatment which works for him so that the he can lead a normal life.

Thanks
Ruth

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is so bizarre, because I just posted a reply to another thread about a TEN week old kitten with the same issue. How he is being treated is the normal protocol, however, if you read my response on the other thread here, 10 Week Old Started Having Cluster Seizures you will see it refers to yet another thread where there are some alternatives, but I don't know if they work as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

etnica99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is so bizarre, because I just posted a reply to another thread about a TEN week old kitten with the same issue. How he is being treated is the normal protocol, however, if you read my response on the other thread here, 10 Week Old Started Having Cluster Seizures you will see it refers to yet another thread where there are some alternatives, but I don't know if they work as well.
great..thanks so much ..will check the thread now