8 Week Old Kitten Acting Strange Aftet 1st Distemper Shot

Outmannedmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Title says it all. He has slept most the day. Played a bit off and on but can tell his heart really isn't in it.:frown:

I've gotten him to eat maybe 1/4 can of wet food but no dry and no water. I'm a bit worried. He is currently cuddled up asleep in his carrier with his lovely when normally he would be a wild child at this time of night.

I have 2 human kids and I know they were cranky and maybe a bit more sleepy on vax days, but is it the same for kitties?

Pixelated Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, about 9 am. He has perked up a little bit in the last hour. Still not fully himself though.
I'm glad he is perking up. Has he eaten anything else since? My cat Pixie was drowsy after his rabies vaccine but was himself within 24 hours. If at any point you feel uncomfortable or feel that something is off you can take your kitten to the ER vet for peace of mind. If your vet is open on the weekends you can call them too. Please keep us posted. :heartshape:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Outmannedmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm glad he is perking up. Has he eaten anything else since? My cat Pixie was drowsy after his rabies vaccine but was himself within 24 hours. If at any point you feel uncomfortable or feel that something is off you can take your kitten to the ER vet for peace of mind. If your vet is open on the weekends you can call them too. Please keep us posted. :heartshape:
Thank you so much for the good thougets and advice. He did eat a bit of dry food and then (more importantly I think) drank some water. Phew! He ambushed my feet a couple times so also a good sign. Lol. He is now asleep again but at least he is in his normal spot with his blankie. :lovecat2:

Attachments