75% Brown Classic Tabby & White, 25% Brown Marble Bengal?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shadyferret

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well since he doesn't show any silver, I'm not sure how gold tabby coloring would show unless the recessive gene can be carried by brown tabbies. But that sounds like a no?

@maewkaew:

LOL, perhaps. He's just such a mixed cat, with faded lines that are hard to see.

Root, guar gum, or kelp. I'm not saying it is those (I'm not a vet), but my cat scratched his ears pretty bad and developed dandruff. The root link is for potatoes, but other roots have similar reactions, i.e. ginger. Does Urticaria look similar to your cat's skin problems? It can be caused by potatoes - I'm sure other foods too, but the reference was in the potato allergy link.

@NG:

Maybe I spelled it an uncommon way, idk. I don't remember what phrase I googled. I know Brown Classic Tabby & White isn't a breed. It's a really common nonpedigree, but there's no consistency is the appearance, or other genetic stuff I'm completely unfamiliar with.

@OrientalSlave:

Yeah, I doubt he has any real pedigree to him. Maybe he had great grandparent pedigrees, but that doesn't count ;)

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@ shadyferret Silver can't be carried. but a golden tabby would NOT have silver. They'd have the wideband gene which IS recessive , so it can be carried. The connection with silver is just that breeders of silvers breed for that wideband, to make more of the hair silver. In a golden, it makes more of the hair gold/ yellow. It increases the width of the yellow bands on the agouti hairs. ( well , at least that is one of the genetic ways of getting golden. But sounds like Siberians might have another .........................Re Urticaria. hmmm doesn't really look just like that but that was a human in the photo. maybe that is possible. i will have to look for more pictures of cats with it. Fortunately it has gone away again on my cat, so we'll see what happens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shadyferret

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
His tail looks like pale yellow. I'm not sure about widen with of yellow bands being wider than what would be expected. They do seem wider than what appears to be the norm for tabbies, though.