7 Weeks and still on the bottle.....

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HELP!!!!!!!  I am bottle feeding a little single kitten and he is proving to be quite the challenge when it comes to weaning.  I have tried EVERY possible method to get him to eat on his own and the only way I can is if I put the canned food in his mouth then he will eat it on his own, but only a little bit then he won't eat anymore.  Any ideas?  I've been mixing it with his milk and gradually decreasing the milk so he gets more canned food, but boy is he a stubborn little turkey lol.  The other foster kitten I have starting eating on her own at 4 weeks. 

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yep! Been there before, no fun! By the time they should be ready to be weaned, I know I am so done with that darn bottle, but every so often I get one just like yours!

Totally resists what I want him to do darnit.

Well, I hate to say this but.....at 7 weeks that little booger needs to be good and hungry to realize this IS what it is, the new way! No choice in the matter.

They metabolize so fast, he will not hold out long before diving in to the food dish.

Just don't offer the bottle, only the dish. Shove bits in his mouth, tough love I guess you can call it! Haha, sorry!

It won't take him long, he's just attached to the bottle is all.

If he had a momma, he would be the kind to be hanging off of her nipple at 4 months :)!! Just can't give it up!