7 Month Old Cat With Soft Stool

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

princesskiki

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There are lots of "sensitive tummy" diets out there for cats. If you decide to try that, go with the best one that your budget will tolerate. At least she isnt' finicky. One very wise member here once told me, "The best cat food is the one that your cat will actually eat!"
That’s so true! One of my parents cats (she’s 12) is SO picky! So I’m lucky in a way Ruby will eat whatever. I’ve heard good things about Purina One Sensitive Systems, and the price is pretty good, and it’s easily accessible for me.

Update on Roo: Solid poo about 15 minutes ago? She was oddly proud of herself. Now running about like a maniac and driving my roommate and I nuts

cat princesses

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My kitty had the worst soft poops. I too tried everything. I researched and worked with my vet and ordered liquid b12 and insulin syringes to give her b12 weekly. I also went and bought s. Boullardi which is a probiotic. I mix 1 full capsule with some gerber turkey or chicken baby food. Just s small spoon tip of baby food and out in a glass dish and warm for 5 seconds in microwave. Then open s boullardi capsule and mix thoroughly with a spoon and they should lick it all from spoon. If you can mix into wet food even easier. My kitty only takes it in baby food. I was doing that twice daily for a good six months and just recently went down to 1x per day. These two things were the only thing that helped get her poops solid again. I also like the tiki cat food with pumpkin they have four flavors the pumpkin is a bulking agent and helps as well.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:yess: Solid poo! YOU GO, GIRL! Isn't it funny when they poo and then get the zoomies like that? As if they feel SO much lighter that they can't contain themselves!

princesskiki

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She’s an extremely vocal cat and after she poops she runs around trilling Another solid poo this AM and NOTHING ELSE! Notice a huge difference in her energy levels.

She’s getting a teaspoon of pumpkin purée morning and night, as well as probiotics. Seems to be working wonders!

princesskiki

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I forgot what it was like to have a kitten that only poops once a day, it’s really nice

Off to get some sensitive tummy food today, but she’s doing really well.

Here she is trying to get me to toss her favorite ball.

princesskiki

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I love showing her off

Slowly adding some Purina One Sensitive Systems into her diet and so far she LOVES IT. She’s such a funny girl. She’s picking the piece out from her normal dry food and eating those only.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, that's one of the many reasons that I adore cats! They are just SO CAT!