7 Month Kitten - Toiletting In House

ellism

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!

Our kitten has recently in the last month or so started to go outside to toilet. We live in the middle of the countryside so there are no nearby roads/fences etc. that she could get hurt on.

I have watched her going to the toilet outside a lot, so I know she is happy going outside. But I noticed she has been peeing in the house as well! In the morning she walks the perimeter of the living room and bedroom, and this morning we caught her peeing in the corner.

We had this with her before and made sure we properly cleaned the carpet so the scent is no longer there.

I'm confused why most of the time she is happy to go outside but has a habit of walking the perimeter and peeing inside...right in front of our faces. She runs away straight after as she knows it's wrong!

At a loss at what to do with the whole situation! Our flat is very small so a litter box isn't really an option forever. She seems happy in every other way and has been neutered.

Thanks!!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you can manage the litter box for a while, it may help to place it in the "favored spot" for a bit, and then begin inching it slowly towards the door, a tiny bit each day.