7 month kitten nursing on Dog

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone one if my 7 mo.old kittens has fallen head over heels for our Dog 15 lb Crested Schnauzer Holly and had begun trying to nurse on her she's six nearly 7 and dosen't care for this will go to her crate to escape Kristofferson attentions how do I break him.of this habit so Holly dosen't have to hide in her bed all the time because he won't leave her be this had been going on for about a month my brain surgery I mentioned in a previous post about a different pet was postponed until the middle of next month so I have a few weeks before Holly abd I will be going to my Aunt's fir about 6-8 weeks or untill my incision is healed to the point that having Kristoff or Sven climb up on my chest won't cause a horrible infection as they tend to wrap tails around my neck.

Please ignore Holly's scruffy appearance she dosent like groomers and got down in the middle of my doing her hair at my aunt's who has clippers to do a few laps around the room and I snapped this picture
IMG_2023-05-31-22-36-03-960~2.jpg

IMG_2023-06-13-16-59-37-167~2.jpg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Try giving Kristoff a blanket or towel to suckle on, or even a plush toy. You might have to experiment with the texture of a blanket or towel to find one your kitten prefers. There are actually even 'toys' with teats on them, but much harder to find online. Not sure of the age for teething, but that might be part of the issue as well. Any of these can be used in conjunction with letting your kitten still enjoy the company of Holly, once you find one that Kristoff likes. A very good chance that Kristoff will 'outgrow' this over more time.
Amazon.com : cat suckling toy
catsifier.com