7.5 Week Old Kittens On A Plane?

Legitkit

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! My sister is fostering a litter of 5 7-week-old kittens, and I'm thinking about adopting one. They're all very playful, and can groom themselves and excrete waste on their own. They mainly eat kitten food, but they'll occasionally go to mom for a snack. I wish I could wait a few more weeks, but my plane leaves on Tuesday. The shelter she's fostering for wanted to have them go to an adoption event this Saturday. My problem is that even if I decide to adopt one, the kitten will have to go on an hour and a half plane ride. By that time, the kittens will almost be 8 weeks, but I'm still nervous. The one I'd like to adopt is the runt of the litter, but he acts just like all the other kittens. The only difference is his size. Would this be okay?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Most airlines have restrictions for pets that will be on board regarding vaccines, vet papers, crate size, etc. Some airlines require pets to travel in cargo, while others allow cabin travel. There is usually a fee as well.

You would need to call the airline to inquire as to what their requirements are.

I would not recommend a kitten this young for travel in cargo.