64 days pregnant and it feels like it will never happen ..

KatH1990

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a pregnant mama here day 64.

No signs of labor at all other than she got her milk/colostum yesterday 🤷🏼‍♀️

Every time I think maybe she’s doing something to indicate something close, nothing happens 🙈🙈

This would be her 1st litter and she will be spayed after that

D4812

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just went through something similar with my mama cat. I kept thinking this it! And then nothing. Finally today at 65+ days she gave birth to 4 kitties. She gave no indication she was in labor, was still eating normal, she was leaking milk, and was silent as can be. This morning I woke to the sound of 2 kitties meows!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KatH1990

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just went through something similar with my mama cat. I kept thinking this it! And then nothing. Finally today at 65+ days she gave birth to 4 kitties. She gave no indication she was in labor, was still eating normal, she was leaking milk, and was silent as can be. This morning I woke to the sound of 2 kitties meows!
Oh how exciting !! So it happened at night while you were sleeping?? I hope we’re next !!

KatH1990

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Day 65 and still literally nothing. She’s happy as a clam. Playing around even 🤷🏼‍♀️ I feel like IM going to give birth sooner than her (and I’m not even pregnant 🤣🙈)

I of course googled can cats be pregnant forever and read a whole load of things gone wrong so now I’m anxious 😬

D4812

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Day 65 and still literally nothing. She’s happy as a clam. Playing around even 🤷🏼‍♀️ I feel like IM going to give birth sooner than her (and I’m not even pregnant 🤣🙈)

I of course googled can cats be pregnant forever and read a whole load of things gone wrong so now I’m anxious 😬

kittyfostermama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've had 4 pregnant female fosters and not a single one has ever given any indication that they were a day or hours away from delivering. Eating, drinking acting normal right up until delivery. The waiting is the hardest part!

KatH1990

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've had 4 pregnant female fosters and not a single one has ever given any indication that they were a day or hours away from delivering. Eating, drinking acting normal right up until delivery. The waiting is the hardest part!
Thank you! That’s making me feel slightly less hopeless 🙈🤣

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would try to relax, unless she is showing signs of distress. Just like humans not all cats give birth at exactly the same number of days, it's normally around 60-70 days +/- a few days, so you do have time before she is really considered "overdue". Also although milk production normally starts a couple days before birth in can start as early as about a week before birth.

KatH1990

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would try to relax, unless she is showing signs of distress. Just like humans not all cats give birth at exactly the same number of days, it's normally around 60-70 days +/- a few days, so you do have time before she is really considered "overdue". Also although milk production normally starts a couple days before birth in can start as early as about a week before birth.
I was wondering about the milk. Some places say 24/48 before labor, others say 3 weeks? I’m not quite sure which one is true 🤷🏼‍♀️

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was wondering about the milk. Some places say 24/48 before labor, others say 3 weeks? I’m not quite sure which one is true 🤷🏼‍♀️
Yeah, I think the reason for the range in time is every cat is different, so having milk isn't a good indicator, other then "getting close/into the final stage" lol. Things like age, health (physical and mental), diet, number of litters they've had, and genetics likely can all play a part in the length of the pregnancy as well as milk production.

Cats don't normally have issues, and unless the mother cat is very small having a little longer pregnancy (closer to the 70 days) can actually be a good thing for the kittens, they come out a bit more developed, stronger, and better able to survive vs being born closer to the 60 day mark.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
And just so you know, some mother cats do not get their milk until they deliver and the kittens begin to suckle. At first they get colostrum for a day or two, which is protein rich and full of mom’s antibodies, and then the full, also rich milk comes in. As said, every cat and every pregnancy is different.

KatH1990

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Day 68 and still pregnant with zero signs of any actions haha.

I was wondering if waiting to take her to the vet till she’s 72 days (Monday) is ok if she’s content.. just wanted to avoid going in one the weekend (only if she’s happy still)

KatH1990

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ohhh! I just peeked at her lady parts and I think I may have seen traces of maybe some pinkinsh discharge ?? Maybe !? Hard to say?? Is it long after they have discharge to have labor? If it is in fact that haha

kittyfostermama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is a good sign! Could be a day or two still but if I had to guess, I'd say get ready and hopefully tonight is the night!

KatH1990

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I took her to the vet after they suggested I come in. They said she is in fact VERY pregnant and that’s some large babies in there but her temp is still up so yeah.. not happening in the next day 🙈

KatH1990

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
CoCo had had 3 kittens maybe 6 hours ago.. she’s happy and content but I swear I feel another kitten inside her (sometimes there is a hard lump but it comes and goes?)?

Is that normal ? Should I worry ?

Attachments