60 Days Pregnant....i Think

Is the X-ray too light to be 47 days pregnant?

• No, she was 47 days in xray

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Yes, she was probably more like 43 days

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lots of spots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mia never had that 3rd kitten and I am not sure if the other two are nursing. She has been acting crazy and trying to run around with them in her mouth and drop them with me in bed all night. We are at the emergency vet right now. Fingers crossed she will be ok.

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mia never had that 3rd kitten and I am not sure if the other two are nursing. She has been acting crazy and trying to run around with them in her mouth and drop them with me in bed all night. We are at the emergency vet right now. Fingers crossed she will be ok.
Oh no! Please keep us updated.

Lots of spots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately the third kitten didn't make it. Mama is healthy and I am so grateful for that and the 2 kittens she has. Happy Thanksgiving.

Attachments

Lots of spots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you spinky. When they brought Mia back in the room after removing the 3rd kitten I was so happy that she was ok it helped soften the blow about the kitten.
Mia is trying to be a good mom but she is very nervous. She freaks out if I leave the room she is in with the kittens. She wanted to leave them in the carrier as the new best as long as I have the carrier in my bed. If I move it to the floor or any other room, she runs around wuwi the kitten in her mouth all freaked out looking for a new place to put it but not able to find one. This happens even if I put the carrier on the floor right next to my bed! When I tried to go down stairs to cook dinner she would follow me - locked her in the room with her kittens, she meowed at the top of her lungs for me. Poor baby is so stressed
I am a little worried about one of the kittens too. It didn't gain any weight yesterday, doesn't seem to nurse well and refused the kml milk I tried to offer. This morning it seems to be moving a little slower. I am a bit worried that one won't make it either. :-(

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very sorry about the third kittie but so glad you took momma to the vet. I would make sure that the little one who is not gaining any weight is warm enough and would encourage him to nurse from his mom. In fact I would check that both kittens are warm enough since mom is moving them around and may not be staying with them long enough.

Lots of spots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Very sorry about the third kittie but so glad you took momma to the vet. I would make sure that the little one who is not gaining any weight is warm enough and would encourage him to nurse from his mom. In fact I would check that both kittens are warm enough since mom is moving them around and may not be staying with them long enough.
I always try and put the kittens back to Mia for milk. She is very nervous and moves around a lot. Hopefully this will get better as time goes on. I can't see the nipples but I think they are nursing here.

Attachments

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes Lots of spots it is because as you say "she moves around a lot" that I wonder if the kitties are warm enough. By the way, what do you mean that "you cannot see the nipples"?

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss. Mia may feel she lost one of the kits. I don't know if they know how many they are going to have. We've seen some evidence that they can't count. One of the members certainly had a mother cat who couldn't. (apologies for not remember who.) This would explain why she wants to be with you all the time.

If you don't mind, I have a suggestion for soothing Mia. Right now you are her strength, her sanity. Let them sleep in the carrier on your bed, which I think you are doing. If the carrier rolls over when you move, no one will be harmed. The floor seems too far away for Mia right now.

When you need to go into another room help Mia into the carrier with the kits and take the carrier with you. If you're cooking, keep the door closed so she won't suddenly decide to bring you one of the kits.

It's also possible Mia is just freaked from the whole having kittens and not knowing what was going to happen. She may not realize she lost one since she never saw it and has the other two.

Lots of spots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes Lots of spots it is because as you say "she moves around a lot" that I wonder if the kitties are warm enough. By the way, what do you mean that "you cannot see the nipples"?
I have the temperature turned up upstairs pretty warm as well as a heating pad underneath the carrier they're in. I check on them pretty often and just feel them to make sure they feel pretty warm and they do.
when I said I don't see the nipple I mean because she doesn't tend to lay on her side she almost lays on her belly and has them underneath her. So I really can't see if the babies are attached to the nipples because there is usual only kitten butts sticking out

Lots of spots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss. Mia may feel she lost one of the kits.

When you need to go into another room help Mia into the carrier with the kits and take the carrier with you. If you're cooking, keep the door closed so she won't suddenly decide to bring you one of the kits.

It's also possible Mia is just freaked from the whole having kittens and not knowing what was going to happen. She may not realize she lost one since she never saw it and has the other two.
I did sleep with the carrier in my bed with me and she did stay and sleep in there all night. when I was trying to cook last night I also tried to bring the carrier down with me but as soon as I got it downstairs she would pull the kittens out and run with them back upstairs. I came downstairs again today for a bit and within about 10 minutes she came running down the stairs with a kitten in her mouth to bring to me. I walked them both back upstairs and she found a new box to put them in on the floor by my bed. I put new blankets in, heating pad set to low made for cats underneath and a blanket over the top for privacy with my nest cam inside so I can keep an eye on them (screen shots from the cam attached). She checked it out and moved both kittens in.

I was actually about to ask you guys about another weird behavior she started yesterday and is getting worse today. She is walking around yelling. It's a sharp loud fast call. Not so much in pain as I think she might be calling out for the 3rd kitten. yesterday she would only run downstairs and do this but then be quiet upstairs when she's with her kittens. Today she seems to be running around the whole house looking in every corner will calling. That's why I think she might be looking for her dead kitten. :-(

every once in awhile she takes a break to come on my lap and purr need for a bit.

Attachments

Lots of spots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did she see the kitten at the vets'?
I am not sure. When the foot showed they took her too the back to remove the kitten. I would assume she is aware due to all of the contractions and licking she did when it first started coming out.

Good news is I saw both of them hit the milk bar hard and then pass out. I wish I could post video here.

Attachments

Lots of spots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are you weighing the kittens daily? How are they gaining?
I am. I am doing one in the morning and one at night. I did oz the first day so it wasn't showing as much detail but I just finished their pm weigh in and they each gained a bit since this morning. 8 g for the stronger one and 5g for the smaller one. I will have a better idea of a full days weight gain tomorrow. I am seeing both nursing now so it's making me feel a bet better but the small one is still a bit less mobile that the other and it really suck at finding it's in nipple. It is always going for the one it's sibling is already suckeling from. When I help and direct it to an open spot at the bar it latches on though.

Attachments

Lots of spots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Great news guy! After finishing the morning weigh in one of the babies gained 7 g since yesterday morning and the other gained 15g! I am wondering if my scale is a little off on that 15 g. Does that sound too high for a daily gain of a new born kitten?

Attachments

Lots of spots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to say Mia is absolutely gorgeous and good luck with everything.
I’m on “Kitten Watch” too.
There are lots of people here that are so lovely and can offer you reassurance, support and advice.
Our two cats were abandoned by neighbours, we then realised the little girl cat was heavily pregnant. I’ve never had cats before so this is all really new to me so I can’t offer you any advice but I can’t wait to see what your kits look like. x x x
How is kitten watch going? Any signs yet? I was surprised how fast everything happened with Mia. All of the sudden she was crazy cuddly and next this I know something resembelir a snot came out of her kit bits and then we were upstairs to start contractions. I would say from crazy cuddly time to kitten was about 3 or 4 hours.