6 year old meets the 5 month olds...

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Taffy is 6 he has been a only furbaby almost 3 years so he has learned that he is king.. Well Hubby rescued a pair of brothers they are 20 weeks old yes they are fixed all 3. BUT the 5 mth olds want to get to know Taffy and play Taffy well he growls he hisses at them and his ears are back and he is scary looking not the Taffy I know but I think it is because he has been a only furbaby for a long time. Well he is hiding in our room during the day the kittens do roam the house and have own little food and toys. Taffy we cover him and at night he goes downstairs where he can be away from the kittens and snuggle with my boys. 2 days ago Taffy was sitting in his window seat and the 1 kitten tried to get up there Taffy didnt touch him but the noise he was making was awful. I was going to tap his bottom say no BUT he turned to my hand i though he was going to attack it so i just did a loud no he kept going.. So i was able to remove the kitten and i let Taffy stay on his seat. That is his but no clue how long this will last been 4 days. Never had a issue like this. Any help please.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear! Separate them and re-introduce them, ASAP. Five months old is old enough to be treated as an "adult" cat by other cats--including the territorial spats.

I googled it and got this:
http://www.petfinder.com/after-pet-a...oductions.html

Seems to be a pretty thorough rundown. You'll want to isolate the youngsters somewhere, and go for really gradual introductions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am thinking i should put kittens in the big crate we have. Taffy is a ton bigger then them he has no claws. The kittens where downstairs and Taffy came out fror a drink and the kitten Prince walked up to Taffy tail wiggling and Taffy was so loud I have no clue how the little kitten doesn't run away he stays there and sits while Taffy yells and stuff. So far there been no touching even thou they where only half a inch apart. Taffy hasnt touched the kittens. I did take sons algebra book and make a sound so it would not escalate further. Taffy ran back upstairs to his room where he stays 22 hrs a day for last 4 yrs. We had a dog and Taffy was so scared of him he was a puppy he walk up to Taffy the same way and cause Taffy to get same reaction Taffy took to swating the puppy in nose. Taffy one day sat i his window and would swat the dog yes dog now in the face if it cane near him. He no longer ran or hissed at dog so we hope this is how it will go later on but for now not sure what to do. Taffy is a weird cat LoL He is so lazy and melow and wants to be left alone so makes it difficult.