6 Week Old White Runt Female

MaceYoda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A friend of mine rescued a litter of kittens (orphans) and when I saw the runt of the litter I fell in love with her. She is considerably smaller but full of life and appetite. She can eat a bunch and she has big poopies lol. Anyways I am wondering whether she might be a shorhair or longhair? Or perhaps something in between. I attached pictures here. Cutest kitten ever lol.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MaceYoda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Omg..thank you for telling me - I just played with the laser starting today. I will definitely put it away. Thank you!

I think I will go to Petsmart tomorrow and get a bunch of stuff for her. I have to spoil her lol. :)

Thank you again!!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Re hair lengh: Impossible to tell for now. Kittens hair lengh may change quite dramatically, precisely as if there were troll changelings....

I think she is kitten fuzzy at this moment.

Was she the only all white kitten in the batch?
And she seems to be all white for real, she isnt not a creme point with white on the face. As both tail and backside of ears are white.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make sure, being pure white, she isn't deaf. They appear normal and it is only apparent when their back is turned to you and they do not respond to loud noises or calls. I have had a couple of white deaf cats, and they are perfectly normal acting. Responding to lights being shut off and on to come, and to tapping your foot on the ground. she is absolutely beautiful, you are so blessed to have her, as is she!

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought the conventional wisdom about white cats being deaf is that if they have matching blue eyes, they may be deaf? Odd eye white cats are not usually deaf.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On researching it, it was said that the percentage of deafness can be as high as 40%, and in odd eyed cats the ear that is on the blue eye side can be deaf. Interesting......

Ruby3440

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Don't know if this will help at all, but the shelter my family fosters for just had an odd eyes cat that was fully deaf. They also had a deaf white cat with blue eyes. I am pretty sure it just depends on the parents and what genetics go through to the kitten as I have seen fully white and blue eyes be perfectly fine.