6 new foster kitties coming Saturday!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So foster kitty Gumbi Jane (renamed by her new Mom as Little Lucy Lovejoy
) went to her forever home this morning as you all know. Of course the shelter is ALWAYS in need and when I went in there this morning they informed me of a family who was just surrended to them. There is a beautiful calico Mom with 4 five week old kittens, all females. The kittens are so fluffy, a calico and 3 orange and white babies. Also surrended with the Mom and her kittens is a female grey and white tabby who is about 6-7 months old and may have been from a previous litter of the Mom's. She was TERRIFIED, literally shaking, so I told them I would take her as well and try to socialize her. I would have taken them this morning but I had to go right to work, so Dana and I are going back in when they open on Saturday to take them in and foster them.

Send them all vibes and wish us luck! I'll post pics when we get them home and settled. Our foster room never stays empty for long.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WOOT! I ALREADY have someone interested in the calico kitten. She recently lost a calico kitten to heart failure after a spay and posted an ad online looking for another. I jumped at the oppertunity and told her I was going to be fostering a calico kitten who will be available for adoption in a few weeks, and she is going to come visit her this weekend!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kailie

and she is going to come visit her this weekend!
nice thinking of her, but it may be too early, if the family is shy.

Or it is only the older sis who is shy??

I think it would be better if the family had the time to settle down a little at least.
So begin with photos to send her (and us).

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good vibes to you guys and the fosters, especially the shakey kitty

thank you for all that you do!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StefanZ

nice thinking of her, but it may be too early, if the family is shy.

Or it is only the older sis who is shy??

I think it would be better if the family had the time to settle down a little at least.
So begin with photos to send her (and us).
Oh trust me, they aren't going anywhere yet, but it would be nice to have a home lined up for when they are ready, and yes, it is the older kitten who is shy. The rest are all very sweet, loving and outgoing. They will be with me at LEAST 3 weeks if not longer.

I would never do ANYTHING unless it was for the best interest of my fosters. I have an incredibly high success rate in finding wonderful homes for my fosters. I do a lot of fund raising to help with their adoption fees and a lot of times I pay for any meds they need as well as spay/neuter fees out of my own pocket. I am known at the shelter as the "Kitty Miracle Worker", lol. I take a lot of pride in that!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kailie

Oh trust me, they aren't going anywhere yet, but it would be nice to have a home lined up for when they are ready,
I understood they arent going anywhere yet. I was talking about visitors into your home - when they didnt had the time to settle down yet.

But as you say, good owners arent that easy to find, and it is important to keep the wannabee adopters happy, so do what you must do.

You may even talk the coming owner into adopting yet another one kitty? Shouldnt be too hard when she sees all them sweeties...

Tell her most cats do prefer to live together with a cat-friend too... They DO bond to their human Ma anyway.

Tx a lot for helping them out, and good luck!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well they're in my foster room and getting settled. I have been leaving them alone to calm down as it has certainly been an eventful afternoon! The older kitten went right under the ned to hide. The kittens were sweet, loving and playful, not phased at all. Their Mom was very nervous, but was purring and headbutting me...that was until the door to the foster room was opened by my boyfriend and she CHARGED out and literally ATTACKED my cats. She chased them all over the place freaking out and trying to kill them! My bf, Dana, finally caught her and put her back in the room, but my poor kitties were terrified all afternoon.
We're obviously going to have to be VERY careful going in and out of the foster room with her.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh may! It is probably reinforced by the overall stress situation, new in the house and so. When she had time to settle down and notice it is perfectly safe, she will cool down and not be so defense-aggressive.

ps Older sis, being there shaking by nervousness, is prob adding to the atmosphere "it isnt perfectly safe here"... Try with Feliway as I said.

Although moms ARE known to be defense-aggresive, as you surely know.

It is every moms holy duty to defend her children - either by open aggression if necessary or by pleasing herself in to the strongest at charge.

You can try with Feliway, two different diffusers, one in their room - to keep mom and old sis in good mood, and one outside in the rest of your house - to keep your residents in good mood.

Good luck!