6 Month Kitten Vomiting And Diarrhea - What To Look Out For

Little Chappers

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! Thanks for all the helpful advice in integrating Georgie with Lulu and Mimi. It was super helpful, and I’m hoping the hive mind can give me more guidance about Georgie. This morning he was absolutely fine, playing and being his normal self. I left for work at 10:45, and when I got home this evening I noticed he seemed a little subdued. I asked my husband what was up and he said that he had thrown up what looked like a stomach full of food this afternoon.

He just had diarrhea, but did it in the box and it wasn’t super messy, meaning it didn’t get all over his fur, and then he came down to eat, but couldn’t, instead vomiting a small amount of fluid in the food dish. So, he’s vomited twice today, had a loose poop, and is now resting under the dining room table.

My question is if kittens can just eat too much and upset their tender digestive systems? I don’t think he got into anything, and he’s been living with us for about 1.5 months now and I haven’t changed his food recently. Is there anything I can do to help him? Or should I just let him rest and re-evaluate him in the morning. He has been moving around a little bit this evening and is resting now, but he’s definitely not his usual exhuberant self. Any input is appreciated, and I do realize that no one is qualified to diagnose him except the vet. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what i should be watching for. Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Little Chappers

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here’s and update: This morning ate a bit of watered down A/D (that vet food that is designed to get recovering animals eating again). I did the pinch test and his skin went back quite quickly, so I don’t think he’s dehydrated. He hasn’t vomited since last night when I posted this.

This morning I noticed he was crouching near the stairs and I thought he was going to vomit it again, but it turned out he was observing, starting to play with a spider. I stepped on it, because he was trying to eat it!!! We live in a really old house and at this time of year we have lots of house spiders - I’m wondering if he ate one yesterday and that upset his stomach. Has that happened to anybody else?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Grasshoppers!
Both my boy and M maggiedemi 's cats eat grasshoppers, and then have upset tummies.
My boy fella ate one a few weeks ago, came inside, went about his business, and then at some incredibly early hour in the morning decided to throw up one insect leg. eeewww!
My dad is still laughing about this
:barf:
LOL
Anyway, I'm glad to hear your baby is better!!