6 cats plus new baby!!

cass

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of my younger cats just jumped on my 8week old baby!! She is non stop and its the 2nd time she has done it! Anytips on getting her to be more calm around baby? She pretty much ran over him and landed on his belly chest and head! He has a cut on his belly and a scratch on his leg. Im furious at the cat!! Please help..

dandila

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It may not be possible but is there any way you could give her a good long play session just before bringing baby out?  My thought is that if she is tired and fulfilled from playing hard she is less apt to be running around on your baby.  The only other solution I can think of is making a catio available to her during the day.  Does she have a cat tower to play on?  It sounds like she's not getting enough play time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cass

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She more body slammed him as she ran over him..her weight is more issue than her claws.

Yes i have 3 huge towers for them and I play with Magic the most. When im not playing with them they usually play together. Well 3 if them do. I tip toys all over the house if im busy with bub.
Its been accidental but i cant risk him being hurt so im gonna have to lock her in 1 end of house if im gonna put bub on floor again :(

dandila

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not such a bad solution.  I've found mine adjust very well to a little "personal space" for short periods of time.  Good luck to you, you've certainly got your hands full!