6.5 month old fur baby is not feeling well :(

Jordan2423

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

my name is Mo and i have a 6.5 month old adorable bengal/Persian mix. He is an adorable loving kitten that loves to snuggle with me and loves to give me kisses. Anytime i come home from work he gets excited and knows he has my heart. He is a curious little kitten that loves to play with his scratch post and ball tower.

Leo has had a difficult time eating the past couple days (Sunday and Monday) and threw up three times yesterday (monday). I took him to the local emergency vet clinic and they recommended an abdominal ultrasound to rule out a foreign body in his intestines, and also recommended a couple medications to help with his throwing up and slight dehydration.

The vet quoted me the total cost I nearly fainted. The total cost was around $800.
So now I’m $800 in the negative. So i made the decision to purchase trupanion health insurance for my little guy.

I am a full time student and working part time so this will definitely be putting me in some debt.

The vet hospital gave me 4 cans of wet gastrointestinal ultra soft kitten food to take home on Monday. Luckily he did start to eat that after coming home from the hospital. They told me to feed him small amounts frequently. He’s 3.2kg and i guess the feeding guide is 1.5 cans a day? He’s been eating only this wet food for the past day. Maybe i put too much food on his plate and that made him puke again today. But he did have a good 24 hours of no puking after coming back from the vet hospital.

i am getting worried.
Any advice is appreciated. It’s late at night and i just emailed my vet.

i hope it’s nothing because my trupanion coverage doesn’t truly kick in for another 29 days and Im not sure if i can afford another expensive bill.

Im not sure if I’m allowed to post an go fund me but if anyone is interested in supporting me, any little help is truly appreciated. I hope to see my little fur baby feel better soon so i can be less stressed.

thank you.

his name is Leo.
14A33EA8-6346-4ACA-9E70-3E0B0D18C5B1.jpeg
13F0621A-7256-4D24-9A66-A5B1F9CCC8C8.jpeg

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ok. First off, he is adorable.
I would be very concerned about a foreign body with a kitten. Did they see anything abnormal on X-ray? Also, check your insurance policy to make sure a pre-existing condition is covered. Trupanion is a good insurance. Did they give you any medication to give him for nausea?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jordan2423

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would be very concerned about a foreign body with a kitten. Did they see anything abnormal on X-ray? Also, check your insurance policy to make sure a pre-existing condition is covered. Trupanion is a good insurance. Did they give you any medication to give him for nausea?
they did a full abdominal ultrasound and found nothing.

Jordan2423

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you :) he is adorable. They didn’t give me any medication to take home other than the gastrointestinal ultra soft food but they did inject him with meds which helped him not throw up for a good 24 hours.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would definitely reach out to them in the morning. You shouldn’t have to incur more charges by asking them questions.
You have to be careful with dehydration in a kitten. Is everything else with him normal?

Jordan2423

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would definitely reach out to them in the morning. You shouldn’t have to incur more charges by asking them questions.
You have to be careful with dehydration in a kitten. Is everything else with him normal?
i reached out to The animal hospital i took him to on Monday. The lady that answered the phone and looked at Leo’s file said i wouldn’t get too worried if he only puked once since. She said continue feeding him small frequent amounts of the food they gave me and if he does throw up again, to call my vet.

Jordan2423

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Other than the one puke yesterday ever since he’s been back from the hospital i would say everything has been his normal self.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What prescription food did they give you (brand)? My cat can't tolerate the Science Diet gastro food and pukes and has diarrhea.

Jordan2423

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What prescription food did they give you (brand)? My cat can't tolerate the Science Diet gastro food and pukes and has diarrhea.
It’s Royal canin feline gastrointestinal kitten ultra soft mousse in sauce canned kitten food