6.5-month male cat not eating 5 days after neuter

soupbaby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
has anyone’s cat gone through the same situation where they’ve seen improvements or discovered some major health issues?

my male cat (6.5 months old) was neutered wednesday and returned home thursday morning.

we fed him his normal portion and everything seemed fine until friday evening-ish when i noticed that he’s eating less than usual. saturday was when he began to abandon his food altogether.

i’ve tried heating up his food, adding some water, fish oil, more treats, KFC chicken…but the most food he’s had since then were 2 packets of lickable treats in which he threw up 5 hours later. he also has diarrhea.

his ears, paws, and nose are normal temp. the incision site is confirmed healing normally by the vet.

he sleeps a lot more now, but for the 4-5 hours that he’s awake, he’s still very playful and runs around a lot.

i went to the vet and they gave him fluids and vitamin C. they told me he should be seeing improvements 3-4 hours after the visit but since then the most he’s done is eat a TEAspoon of dry food (ignored the wet food) and slept for 6-7 hours.

i will most definitely be visiting the vet again tomorrow, but i’m restless because he needs food in his system.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

soupbaby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi, i have, which is how he ate the two packets of lickable treats. now he will sniff it a little, but doesn’t care for it anymore

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Take a look at the articles and posts in that link, there are a lot of ideas.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

soupbaby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you so much, i’ll go try them slowly throughout the night

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
IF he has not eaten by Tuesday morning, take him in. Cats who do not eat at all in 72 hours are in danger of developing hepatic lipidosis (fatty liver disease), and you don't want that.