5 Years.

gareth

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
5 years since I lost my little Eva. I still dream of her from time to time. I can still hear her Miaow.

It's funny. When she died I was utterly traumatised. I said she was my "once in a lifetime cat". I figured this was grief talking. 5 years later I know I was right. Her loss doesn't hurt like it once did but it still causes me to grimace and brings a tear to my eye when i think about her last night.

I have two wonderful Burmese cats now. I adore my little Mia with all my heart, and Loki is just too bonkers not to adore, but Eva was my once in a lifetime cat. She quite literally saved my life. When things in my life were darkest her eyes shone brightest. I still miss her so much.

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Mia, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

Yes, there are those "once in a lifetime" cats...and dogs, for that matter. They somehow reach out to us, and twine into our very souls. And when they are gone, although we may love again, it is never, ever the same. Hugs to you, Darlin. Many hugs.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eva was a once in a million, a ying to your yang. You were so very blessed to have known her, to have loved her, to have had her in your life. It is never long enough, and never will be, no matter how many or few the years. When we have that connection to our very souls it is a blow we never recover from when they have to go. But somehow we do, we have to. Because that is what they want for us, what love is, and always will be.........

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, there are those "once in a lifetime" cats...and dogs, for that matter. They somehow reach out to us, and twine into our very souls. And when they are gone, although we may love again, it is never, ever the same.
Yes very true. Oliver is mine and you don't know you have one until you have one. It becomes very obvious then. I have loved all my animals greatly but the once in a lifetime cat or dog etc. is on a higher level.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry for the loss, and yes there are some that really carve their way into our hearts just a bit more than others for whatever reason, although we love them all dearly there usually is one that is very "special" to us.

Sylvester is mine, he looks like Simon and Sebastian who were two great boys who died in my arms over the last few years combined, he makes me remember them but also has carved his place in my heart, I hope he stays with me for years yet God willing, because when he goes I will be very sick.

Love them while you can, and keep their memory in your hearts and minds and memories last forever. :rbheart:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Mia, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

Yes, there are those "once in a lifetime" cats...and dogs, for that matter. They somehow reach out to us, and twine into our very souls. And when they are gone, although we may love again, it is never, ever the same. Hugs to you, Darlin. Many hugs.
:sniffle::hearthrob:pony Dusty:rbheart:, :redheartpump:horse Diamond:rbheart:, :hearthrob:dog Mike:rbheart::cringe:.
:catlove::hearthrob::redheartpump:cat Gypsy:redheartpump::hearthrob::catrub:

gordonsmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Gareth, October will make it 5 years since I lost my Gordon. Your post about "when the moment comes" helped me through this so much as it did to others around the world. I logged on today for the first time in a long while, as Gordon has been on my mind, and was surprised to see this very recent post by you. I also have had other cats since Gordon (5 currently), and two others that I had to say goodbye to, but he was different. He was only a baby - 18 months old - but he was so full of love and joy. Not that I don't think of him often, but the last few days, he has been around - jumping on my bed, and rubbing against my legs. My husband thinks I am crazy. I am not a big believer in that type of thing, but I know it is him. I love my others with al my heart, but Gordon was my once in a lifetime cat. I think he never really left me, as I am sure your Eva is still with you. I still mourn him, and sometimes the thought of him brings a tear to my eye as it is now, but most of the time, we can talk about him and smile (or laugh!!) Reading your post reassured me again today.

wt1964

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feel you, my friend. Been nearly a year and a half since I lost my Lucy (19.5 years old), who was my "once in a lifetime cat". Time eases the grief, but I still weep for her and I imagine I always will. All the best to you and your babies.