5 year old cat peeing everywhere since arrival of kittens

malini

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 5 year old Star is been very upset since we brought Smokey and Tommy home five months ago. We kept them in our daughter room for a few months and slowly were introducing them to Star..... She was not happy at all, hissing and growling at them.... Finally, a couple of months ago we decided to bring them out not only to the house but to the screen in patio and pool. They seem to be ok with Star each one goes in different directions in the screen in patio, but Star is not going to her kitty litter at all, she is peeing around the screens, patio and inside my home when she comes in...

Another situation that is making star very upset too is the we feed two feral cats outside in my backyard. I am keeping her for a few hours in my bedroom with her kitty litter and have taken her to show where she should pee but she refuses....as soon I open the door she does it by the screens.... We love Star, Smokey and Tommy and love our ferral cats which our daughter Annalise name them Snickers and Bingo....I would like some advice in how to handle this situation with Star. Thanks so much  ^..^

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My boy San sprays the shoe rack outside my bedroom whenever there is a newcomer (whether kitten or adult) I adopt into the family. He stops when he is used to them though. He is the only one who does this, even though my other cats are older and have been living with me longer than San.  I clean the shoe rack thoroughly with an enzyme cleaner every time.  

Because calming remedies are expensive and not readily available where I live, I have not used them on San. But I think they would help him and I believe will aid Star. 

And just to make sure Star has no UTI, have the vet take a look at her. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

malini

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone.

Our cat Star is doing better getting alone with the new kittens, they go on the patio around the pool and each one  ran and play quite good.  Now, I have a concern that Star has not poo in a few days. I appreciate any advice you can give me to help her.

Thanks ^..^

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

malini

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks so much for your advice with Star. Dorry it has taken so long ti replied due to some family health situation. God bless you!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My neutered male started spraying in the house when a feral adopted us, especially at the doors and windows. He did quit when he finally got used to him, almost two years later. Now I make sure to let him out into the backyard to 'spray' to his heart's content, and he doesn't spray inside. So there is hope, don't give up!