5 week old kitten making weird noise after eating.

Foster-Meowma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am fostering a litter of kittens and their adoptive mother. Their birth mother was kit by a car, and they were surrendered to a local shelter after the person trying to bottlefeed them realized they didn't have the time to do so.

There were originally 6 kittens in the litter; 3 of them were separated to a new foster home a few days after I started fostering due to URIs.

The other three have been thriving. One of them is much smaller and gaining slower than the other two, but still seems to be thriving.

The second biggest did something this morning that has me a bit worried. He has never done it before.

He ate his kitten mash, and then went in a corner and started making this weird noise that was part sneeze, part gag, and part cough. This went on for about 5 minutes off and on and then stopped.

Is this something I need to be worried about? Otherwise, he appears very healthy and is quite energetic and rambunctious. He is using the litter box (non-clumping litter), playing with toys, wrestling with his siblings and mama, and gaining weight. He's very steady on his feet for such a young kitten, as well. He currently weighs 14.6 ounces.
20220821_095912.jpg
It's just this noise...

His name is Alan, I'll attach a picture of him. My phone was charging, so I wasn't able to get a video of the noise he made.

Nebaug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He was probably eating to fast and some food went into ”the wrong pipe “ so to speak. He should be fine but watch for pneumonia. It’s not likely but sometimes when the food goes down towards lungs … it can happen. If he start “crackling “ when you listen his breathe take him to the vet. Otherwise, enjoy raising kitties. :)