5 Ways to Prevent Colds and Flu

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Acupuncture, hmm? I think acupuncture could work for things like chronic pain, but I have a hard time believing it makes much difference when it comes to getting the flu.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
If I feel something coming on I immediately neti (nasal irrigation) and keep it up regularly, making sure to drain properly. And gargle with saline (or, for a heavy-duty hit, Betadine Gargle.. that stuff really works!)
I also had a flu jab.
And last flu season (the one most of you are just going into) I didn't get a thing. :)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also had a flu jab.
And last flu season (the one most of you are just going into) I didn't get a thing.
Oh good. Someone told me this year's flu vaccine wasn't very effective, but I got one anyway. I hope it works for me too.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I keep honey and apple cider vinegar mixed in a jar by my kitchen sink, equal portions. When I feel itchy eyes, sore throat, I start taking the stuff by the tablespoon every time I think about it. Works nine times out of ten for me. Plus wash hands frequently. I can't remember the last time I had a flu shot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Acupuncture, hmm? I think acupuncture could work for things like chronic pain, but I have a hard time believing it makes much difference when it comes to getting the flu.
I feel the same way. It did make my ex-husband quit smoking cigarettes. Doc placed staples in hands and ear lobes.
This as in the 80s,

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have used Zicam for years. It is a gel you rub in your nose at the first sign you are coming down with a cold. It either prevents the cold or greatly shortens it.