5 Thing Nobody Keeps In Their House Anymore

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have all but the wall calender (unless you count out of date ones). I'm not sure we ever went in for using those though - the few we have we've kept for the pictures!

Nixiiie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have DVD'S, CD's and like...four wall calender's hahaha

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have DVDs, no CDs because I rarely listen to music.

I have file boxes, not a file cabinet, but some things do have to be kept in hard copy!

I have 2 wall calendars, free ones I got in the mail. I basically only keep them for the pictures. I think one of them is still on April :paperbag:.

I don't have takeout menus mainly because I live in the country and nobody delivers out here, lol. Plus you can get the menus online now instead of cluttering up the house with papers that you can't find when you want them anyway.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Plus you can get the menus online now instead of cluttering up the house with papers that you can't find when you want them anyway.
:yeah: I have everything but the take out menus because I order online if we want take out.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have DVDs. Either predating Blu ray and didn't want to rebuy on a new format, cheap versions of movies I wanted or in a combo pack. I don't know if I would consider that a rare thing.

CDs, I have a few that are older. But I never had a ton to begin with.

File cabinets, for keeping paper documents of course.

Wall calendars, are handy to have next to a computer or to plan things with family. We get a personalized one each year with family photos.

Take out menus, don't have those. But I think it's because no where around here delivers outside of GrubHub where you have to go to their website and see the menu.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I have dvds but no DVD player lol

No more cds
I have a bin for my files
Wall calendar at work
I do have 2 take out menus. They have coupons on them

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of the above, except the take out menus. Unfortunately (and it is unfortunate), none of the wall calendars are current - I haven't bought a 2018 calendar yet, and yes, I do use my wall calendars; they aren't just decorative.

I'm beginning to get worried about DVDs; I don't have a Blu-Ray player, and it's starting to become difficult to get movies in DVD format.

Incidentally, I also have a heck of a lot of VHS tapes.

Margret

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have all those, if you count filing boxes as cabinets. I want a filing cabinet, it would be so much nicer then a closet full of boxes.

I have hundreds of DVDs, I don't have cable out here, and I got rid of satellite tv years ago because nothing was ever on, lol. I do watch Netflix, but my internet is not that great on a good day, and Netflix wont even load on bad days.

CDs, I have tons, but rarely listen to the actual disks anymore. I upload them on to my pc so the physical disk is no longer needed unless need to reupload.

I have wall calendars in almost every room, lol. It's mostly for the pictures, but the ones by the house phones (landline) are useful.

I do live in the middle of nowhere so like others have said, no one delivers out here (not even the mail, lol) but I still pick up take out menus. That way I can pick out food from home and have my husband pick it up on his way home. I only know of one place in town that has an online menu, so most places you still need a paper one.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have them all too, but I don't use the wall calendar anymore; it's on the wall, but I use a planner now. Our lives used to run on the wall calendar. I'm thinking of not putting one up next year. The one I have is still on the March page.

I also have VHS tapes and nothing to play them on.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I love my CDs and never will get rid of them. I upload onto the computer but still listen to them in the truck. In fact I bought 5 of them this weekend at a yard sale. I am always on the prowl for Pink Floyd and Metallica Disks.

I have a good stack of DVDs. I bought LAw and order season 1 to 20 as well as a few other shows for when I kick Directv to the curb in a year-it's a contract but by then I think i will have a better idea of costs for high speed internet so won't need cable.

I use wall calendars but didn't update this years at home. Have one at work.

I don't have any file cabinets but I have this small metal file box for tax stuff-I don't keep most papers anymore.

I have a few take out menus because sometimes I can't make up my mind what I want to eat.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have all of them as well. I won't be changing anytime soon. :smash:

I still get Take-Out menus in my mail. I've tried looking online and not every place around here has a good, updated menu online. Many have out of date ones.

We take DVDs on trips for our kids. Plus I can't stand being limited to Amazon or something when I actually buy a copy. So I still buy Blu-Ray/DVD combos for favorites. It's also super annoying when I want to see something that used to be included on Prime or Netflix and not it's not anymore. It's just another way to suck money out of people. Some of my favorite old CDs aren't on iTunes or Amazon either.

We all like keeping wall calendars too. DH and I definitely use our phones and Outlook to manage schedules; but birthdays and what not go on the wall. We have at least 4-5 up around the house. Plus I love my Disney Thomas Kinkade ones. :redheartpump: