5 Month Old Premature Kitten Anal Prolapsed

AlMoSThErE___L7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her prolapse is about the size of a grape, if not bigger. I don't have the funds to pay for any veterinary help as of now and the no-kill shelter where I live isn't open at the moment so I can't give her away to get help either, (I really don't want to give her away though) is there anything I can do to help her while I'm at home?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AlMoSThErE___L7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have her in her carrying case so she doesn't hurt her self or track in the house. I don't know what to do so I haven't really touched her.

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You can push it back in with your finger, but if it keeps prolapsing, she’s going to need a vet.

What are her stools like? If they are hard, you might want to add pumpkin to her food. Other stool softeners are discussed in this article.

Thank you for helping this cat. Please keep us updated.

AlMoSThErE___L7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is that so? I heard that doing that wasn't a good idea and that it can damage other areas inside the kitty. I'm at my last option after calling about 11 shelters and realizing they take surrender fees suck. I'm probably just gonna have to go with said option.

AlMoSThErE___L7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Its literally curling out of her anal area and I can't push it back in.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't do that again then. The tissue is super sensitive, and she has internal inflammation, so if you keep trying to push it in it will stretch the sphincter and then when her inflammation is better her anus will still be prolapsed.

In your PM you said it was at least as big as Buzzy's, but his was more the size of a plum, so a grape is not too difficult, however you need to get to the root of the diarrhea causing the inflammation.
Dewormer, ponazuril, limited ingredient diet. Keep clean.

AlMoSThErE___L7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you, I didn't do anything yet, I was too scared for her. I will clean her though. What should I do if she if she needs to defecate? (Also I got a better look at her prolapse and it's like curling out so I didn't touch it.)

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nothing, just make sure she doesn't have any poop on that area afterwards basically. The diarrhea causes the skin to get very irritated, like a baby with a diaper rash.
I used A&D ointment with Buzzy, just a thin layer gently put on there if I saw burn spots/redness.