5 cats in a little over a month

bobkim

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It has been a horrible summer. We have lost 5 cats from July 6th to August 11th. First it was Pj Jr. She was 15 years old. She had a tumor in her stomach. She was a very mellow cat and never bothered the other cats. Then Thumbs He was about 15, not sure he just showed up one day. He had many medical problems in his life but was always a happy cat. He is the only cat that we have pictures of with every other cat. He got along with every body. Then Phoenix She was 15. She was from the same litter as Pj Jr. She got an eye infection and she did not recover even with medication. She liked to sleep by my head. Then Syl He was about 17, not sure he just showed up one day. He just got old and was very skinny near the end. When we first got him he would attack the other cats. Eventually he became very friendly and would cuddle with the other cats. Then Tyler He would have been 19 in October. I lived with him longer than I have lived with any pet or person in my life. He had been moving around slow for the past several months but was able to do what he normally did. I think he just was too sad about losing his friends. He got along with everybody and liked to be a lap cat.

We still have Stone, who would always be cuddling with Thumbs , Mick , who would always be with Tyler and was from the same litter as Pj Jr & Phoenix , Raider and our newest addition Summer Stone and Mick seem sad. Although they get along they don't cuddle with each other. It has been very hard to deal with all the passings but I know they are now with our other 8 pets that have passed over the years.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Those are good ages for cats, but I'm sorry for you that they all seemed to come to the end of the line at the same time.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Believe it or not, I understand how you're feeling. We lost 3 of our cats over a span of 11 months. It's absolutely devestating, trying to deal with that kind of loss. I can't imagine losing 5 so quickly. You have my deepest sympathies.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my gosh, I am so sorry for your losses. How terrible to be grieving for so many all at once. Since they were all rescues, at least you can take comfort in knowing that because of you they knew love and comfort for at least a little while.

Go easy on yourself, you're probably still in shock.

(Congratulations on the new puppy!)