4am crazies solved!

george's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Totally by accident, I think I've solved George's crazies at 4am. Last weekend - Saturday, I had to feed the kitts early (dry food out all day, wet given at dinner time). When I got home around 10pm I felt bad and gave George and Ellie a little more wet food. George slept though the night! I had to wake him up the next morning at 9am!! Since I thought this was a good thing, I thougth I'd give it another try that night. Feed most of the small can (between the two of them) at dinner time and then a small amount right before bed. Again, no more George making a fuss at 4am!!! Whooo-hoooo! I've done the same thing everynight since and he's slept until a 'normal' hour. Maybe he's just been hungry all this time - why he wouldn't eat his dry food, I have no idea, but since this seems to be working I'm going to keep this up!!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha, good job! I wish that was the problem in our case! I feed Tigger at 10 or so, and she's hungry again around 2 - 4 in the morning. It's like having a baby, LOL, but I'm way too old to be getting up for middle of the night feedings!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

george's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It became harder and harder to ignore him!! Between the loud meowing and sassy behavior I was going crazy!
I'm glad this is working for now - I hope it stays this way for awhile!