4 cats, and the 5th comes home tonight

wiccankittylove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Any tips on introducing a new lil kitten to our home of older kittens and cat? We have 3 older kittens, all above 17 weeks old. and tonight we are being given a new kitten who was abandoned at the vet and we are adding her to our home. Any advice? I know my cats will accept her, but this poor thing has been through some traumatic experiences and I'm not sure if she will accept the other cats. I'm just worried about her. Just a note they have all been fixed including this new one and all up to date on shots and tested for everything.

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All I can think of is the normal care you take when introducing a new kitten. Keep it seperated for a few days at least in a smaller room. Most small kittens like that bounce back rather quickly. They're young, and anything traumatic will soon be forgotten once you start feeding, playing, and taking care of it. A feliway diffuser will help mellow the new kitten out as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wiccankittylove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She just arrived, and the other cats wouldn't let me keep her away (they know how to open the doors n the house by using the door knob) and she likes they and they like her, she even likes the dogs and they also like her, she isnt as tiny as the vet mad her out to be, and a very playful little short hair kitten, ill be posting pix soon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wiccankittylove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
New Pix posted! She is so pretty, when we get her settled more then we will post better pix, but she is so playful right now she wont hold still.