4 am every morning...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

george's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm "worried" that in about 2-3 weeks when I go back to having a "normal" 8-5 schedule - and now George seems to have adjusted to my not getting up early in the morning - he's really not going to know what to do! And since he can sense when the alarm is about to go off and wakes me about 5 minutes before it rings I know my days of sleeping in ANY day are gone - especially the weekends.
Next I'll be wondering how to get my fuzzy friend use to my new schedule!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think they ever totally get over it. I was woken up this morning by a 15 1/2 pound cat trying to burrow and jumping on me in his attempt to jump over me. I've also been woken up by the same cat trying to jump on the headboard and missing. Nothing like a large, heavy cat in your face at 4:00 AM, with claws extended.

Having 2 cats helps, they play with each other during the night

pumpkins pal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Nice to see other people have this problem with their darling little early rising 4 legged friend.
My poor fiancee is the one getting woken up......i'm the sleep like a log person.
Pumpkin has been coming in about 3 am (once 1:30am) waking him up by meowing near his ear. This has only started within the past couple mons. or so. Pumpkin normally would sleep between our legs or someplace else in the house. But for some reason unknown to us he has been doing the wake-up call at 3 am. We (actually jeff ) have shook a water bottle at him because when i do it,if he does something bad, he starttles or runs, but to jeff he just sat there staring at him. One morning he was squirted a couple times and just sat there with the 'whatd you do that for' look. A few times this past week I played with pumpkin when I got home from work at 10pm, that didnt work. We have been waking him up in daytime when he is sleeping hoping being woken up will make him sleep at night. Shutting the bedroom door didnt work cuz pumpkin pushed it open, wasnt closed tight. Tonight i'm shutting the door tight so pumpkin cant come visiting at 3 am and with luck we'll be able to ignore the scratching & meowing.
Hopefully jeff will get to sleep in. He is getting tired of the 3am wakeup & is getting cranky too

Glad I found this site btw.
happy sleeping everyone...i hope