4-5 Week Old Kitty Deworming

Geralizze M.

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

So, I found this little guy meowing besides its mother’s dead body the other day and I took him in with the intention of finding it a good home or maybe dropping him at the shelter but, he found his way into my heart and now I am quite fond of him. I found him in some bushes near a very busy street so I could not just leave the poor little one there.

I took him to the vet yesterday and they told me that the fecal test revealed that he has quite a lot of roundworms but otherwise he is quite healthy. The vet gave me three tubes of Panacur, one for each day. I have not yet seen him expel any worms though. He has pooped about once a day with no signs of any worms. His feces do smell a lot more now that he is taking Panacur.

He seems to be only about 4-5 weeks old. Can he possibly have any large roundworms in him? He doesn’t have much of a bloated belly.

ej x

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
First of all, you are awesome!

Second, roundworms migth not be that big, but they don't always show signs.

Take care of yourself and family, be very clean after touching him, and his living area. You might even think this is a good time to deworm yourself, they do infect humans.

Great job! and keep us posted he is beautiful

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Geralizze M.

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
First of all, you are awesome!

Second, roundworms migth not be that big, but they don't always show signs.

Take care of yourself and family, be very clean after touching him, and his living area. You might even think this is a good time to deworm yourself, they do infect humans.

Great job! and keep us posted he is beautiful
Thank you for your reply! I washed all of the blankets I left for him in his box and put some newspaper and just one blanket instead. I also washed the clothes I had on with very hot water. Does this kill the parasites?

What surprises me is that even though he does not want to poop yet, I can smell the poop lol. His behind has been a bit engorged as if he would poop at any moment lol. Sometimes I peek in his box and I can still smell it. Is it possible that cats can fart? Lol

I stimulated him as the mother cat would and he did poop yesterday but he hasn’t today and it worries me lol.

ej x

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes it is very possible that they fart, also if they cry in the litterbox he might be constipated. Try to feed wet, and add a bit of water to increase consumption. Also a water fountain helps them there are some inexpensive ones in amazon.

Roundworms can cause constipation, and a large number of worms when deworming can also cause this.

Does his poop look normal? Ask your vet, but a bit of olive oil can

Wash in hot water.

ej x

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Great! keep doing what you are doing! keep us posted