@%$#$%#$@@!!!!!!

vettechstudent

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well,now I think I have a little problem with a URI here.I swear things just are NOT going well for me lately.
The two kittens Mike brought in not too long ago must have brought this in.I noticed a few days after I had them that their eyes were running just little,but seemed fine otherwise.They have still been away from the other cats,but you all know how easily this is spread.

I had gotten all my cats vaccinated at school for FVRCP except one more of my kittens,the white cat I took in for the elderly lady,and the foster from school.Now 2 of them are runny eyed & snotty nosed.No fever.The only reason I hadn't vaccinated these yet is because I need someone to hold them for me and having Mike help me do anything is like trying to get one of the cats to help me do something.I have the shots here,I just need a couple more hands.Now I guess I will have to wait.
I am going to call my professor in the morning and see what kind of meds she thinks is best and see if the vet will let me get them.I'm pretty sure it is a URI,but if they get worse I guess I will have to suck it up and go back to the vet.

The cat that had the catheter in is doing a little better now.I had to get him down last night by MYSELF(which he would have been worse if someone came here to help me anyway)and get it out.He would not cooperate.I had to wrap him up in a towel the best I could and he bit me like 10 times before I was able to get it out.Plus on top of that he has gotten wise to the pills in his food.He had done pretty good about taking them this way until while ago.So I had to dig the pill out of his food and pill him the hard way.Ugh.

I am so ready to go back to school.Why did all my cats have to get sick once I got out from break?If I wasn't on break I would have just loaded them up and they would have went to school.

I am doing a little better about my cat's passing.It is still very hard to think about him and talk about him so I try to keep myself busy with other things.Thanks to everyone that has been helping me through this.

Can I scream now??I think I just need to go outside and scream really loud.I probably need to wait until my neighbor's across the road and behind me are gone because they would be over here with guns wondering what was after me.

Another thing.I think my foster cat from school is coming in heat.Ahhhh.That's all I need to hear right now.LOL.

Thanks for listening to me again.You all are going to get sick of listening to me whine pretty soon.Things have GOT to get better soon.

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I had some advice, but I can't help you. I just feel your pain, and I'm sooo sorry your kitties are sick!

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't got much advice to give to you but it seems like you have a handle on things and doing all the right things.

I hope things get better for you soon.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))

This too shall pass. We just had 18 cats with eye infections here. Went through 2 tubes of neopoly in a week. I feel your pain!

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless your heart vettech ((((((HUGS)))))) . When it rains it pures .
I just had to do earmite treadment for 19 cats a few weeks ago , talking about fun here . Now I have seen Malachi going on his ears again
, so I may have to do a other round with 19 cats of ear threadment for earmites

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Actually I envy you. Being a student of vet medicine, you have access to some really great instructors and have a way to help these cats that most of us do not. Look at this as a training point in your life. If you are going to get this upset about the sickness of your own cats, how are you going to handle the sickness and injuries of others? God never gives us more than we can handle and there are always lessons to be learned within each animal.They really make the best teachers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vettechstudent

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by hissy
Actually I envy you. Being a student of vet medicine, you have access to some really great instructors and have a way to help these cats that most of us do not. Look at this as a training point in your life. If you are going to get this upset about the sickness of your own cats, how are you going to handle the sickness and injuries of others? God never gives us more than we can handle and there are always lessons to be learned within each animal.They really make the best teachers.
I guess I am just upset because everything that has hit me lately.I have always heard the expression that God doesn't give us more than we can handle.I certainly hope this is true because I just don't think I could handle much more right now.
I don't like to see any animal in pain or sick,but I have a worse time with it when it is my babies.

I just had to do earmite treadment for 19 cats a few weeks ago , talking about fun here . Now I have seen Malachi going on his ears again , so I may have to do a other round with 19 cats of ear threadment for earmites
I used Ivermectin on the orange stray that came here and it seemed to really do the trick.With this,you are supposed to do it again in 2 weeks.
I hope you are able to get rid of them.I know it can't be fun trying to get 19 cats down to put stuff in their ears.

vettechstudent

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to update.

I called my professor yesterday and she told me what I needed to get.So I go to a place where I have always been able to get stuff like this.He wouldn't sell me any antibiotics because he got into trouble for doing this.Soooo I go to a vet's office and of course can't get it unless they see the cat.I couldn't get into our building at school because it is locked and my professor lives like 45 minutes away and I didn't know when she would be back up this way.
So I hurry and come home grab up Ruby(my sick kitten)and hurry back to the vet.They were just about to close.

The vet looks at the kitty and yep she says URI.So I get the meds I need for the sick one's and ask her if I can just come by and get more meds if any more of my cats start coming down with this and she says sure.So that is good that I won't have to go back in for an office visit.

As soon as they recover from this I am going to get somebody,anybody to help me hold them so I can give them their vaccination.The one's that have been vaccinated still all seem fine,so I'm praying that they will not catch this.

Ruby seems much better today.Poor Suzie(white one from elderly lady) runs when she sees me coming now.LOL.
Oreo(one with bladder infection)is doing better as well.I caught him napping on my dresser this morning so I took his pill in there and petted him and I raised his head up a little and opened his mouth and popped his pill in.So much easier when he is half asleep and not expecting it.LOL.

So hopefully everyone will get better soon and I can stop worrying so much about them.I told Mike last night that I may go to my aunt's today,but it's just according to how my cats are doing.

mskitty666

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a suggestion that i hope will make things easier for handling any sick cat. It's called the Klaw Kontrol bag.
http://www.klaw-kontrol.com/
I have used this bag for years to aid with cutting my cats nails. Whenever I have to administer meds this bag has been the biggest help. You will not need anyone to help hold the cat because the bag will hold them for you. Check it out and tell what you think.

vettechstudent

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by mskitty666
I have a suggestion that i hope will make things easier for handling any sick cat. It's called the Klaw Kontrol bag.
http://www.klaw-kontrol.com/
I have used this bag for years to aid with cutting my cats nails. Whenever I have to administer meds this bag has been the biggest help. You will not need anyone to help hold the cat because the bag will hold them for you. Check it out and tell what you think.
Hmmmm.That thing looks pretty neat.I may have to try and get me one of those sometime.

I do fairly well with clipping nails and doing meds by myself.I just needed help holding them for vaccinations.When they get better from this I am calling a neighbor to hold for me.

That thing would make clipping nails much easier than using a towel it looks like.I had never seen this before,thanks for the link.When I recover a little from these vet bills,I seriously may look into getting one.

One bad thing though,is some of my cats would probably eat me up trying to get them in there.LOL.