300$ On Vet Meds For Ringworm... And My Cat Is Bald.

mercer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Before (about a month ago).
20171013_104246.jpg

After... a month of meds (wipes, oral meds, spray, and shampoo)... and 300$ at the vet...
photo_2017-11-09_04-35-55.jpg

Feels great, guys. Is this part of the healing process or is my crying out of frustration justified? All I've done is give the meds as directed and done my best. I'm losing my mind and nothing seems to be working. If he isn't in a cone or a shirt, all he does is constantly lick and itch himself. Nothing is working...

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mercer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you gotten a second opinion/course of treatment from another vet? I've seen some very severe cases at the local shelter that took months to clear up and can understand your frustration!
Unfortunately, there isn't another get for miles and miles as we live in the middle of nowhere. We're lucky to even have the one right down the road, but... Yeah, this is all I'm getting from them. I don't like that all he does outside of the shirt we have him wear is lick and chew and make noises for HOURS ON END. It drives us nuts especially at night everyone needs to be sleeping. I can't imagine it's any fun for him either.

I wish any of that information or these articles were new to me but I've been on most sites and articles from here as I could find. It's definitely exhausting.