3-week-old Kitten Won’t Poo Or Urinate!

Loglady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone. I recently had to take in two 3-week-old kittens. Thank you in advance for reading and helping out.

Before anyone jumps to scold me, this was not AT ALL how young I wanted to take them, as I understand that it’s too young of an age to take in kittens. The person fostering the litter had to leave the country in an emergency, and split the kittens. She showed me how to properly handle them, bottle-feed them, stimulate them to go potty, and gently clean them. All of them are healthy.

However, neither of my kittens will poo! I do the method with the warm, wet washcloth, gently massaging the abdominal area and under their tails. One of them urinated thrice between 5:00 pm yesterday and 2:00 pm today. The other one has not even urinated. She also seems more uncomfortable than her sibling when I try to stimulate.

Emergency visit to the vet, or are there at home methods I should try first?

Here are the kittens by the way. The gray and white is the one I’m keeping— she is named Kino, the word for ‘cinema’ in a few different languages. The gray one is being adopted out to someone when she is older, and the person has named her Bijoux. :)

95E0E93A-E08C-4A95-9B24-F2B6491F2A0E.jpeg

DDC7349D-128D-441B-9A57-221F22969F73.jpeg

04DB8886-3280-4E9E-ADD2-E076DF2F2FFD.jpeg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sure they get enough fluids?

A) add 2-3 drops of coldpressed olive oil into each meal.

B) stimulate them by holding rear part under warm running water. Tap with the free forefinger on private parts.

Be sure they dont get chilled.

This eliminating most important with the second one.

L Loglady

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:heartshape: They are adorable! Is the kitten who hasn't voided been meowing in general or acting particularly lethargic? Or is she eating and playing?