3 Stillborn Babies Help

Darkbrotherhoodgirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I'm new and my one year old tuxedo just had her first litter start of labor 2 days ago with a large still born kitten just this morning two more both stillborn so heartbroken they look perfect big to can anyone give me any insight on what may have happened and should I be concerned of more my mamma cat seems content but idk.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Momma is OK? This is the most important. The dead kittens seem fully done? hairy and round? Normally shaped? There are several possibilities. some infections going on in the vomb is just one of them.
If you have access to a vet whom is an experienced obstetrician, its surely best to contact him.

Otherwise, just to wait it out and hope for the best - ie - as long as momma seems OK. If you see she has any signs of being sick, immediately off to the vet you go.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Darkbrotherhoodgirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes fully developed mom seems same as always I'm keeping a close eye on her something I didn't mention before when the first kitten was born it came out tail first and not in a sac I don't understand that

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It happens the sack is torn off during the delivery. Esp with a difficult delivery. Sometimes it doesnt matter much and the kitten survives without problems.
If the kitten died because of a prolonged delivery, or was dead already before / was doomed anyway, we cant know.

IF the others had normal birth and were stillborne as well, it hints their fate was decided....

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
ps. If you DO have access to a vet, its not impossible a quick cesaeran may save the others, if they are still alive kittens inside.
But not even this we can know. A breeder would surely rush in, but breeders usually has insurance on their cats.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm so sorry. :( As Stefan said, it could be from infection, but the most likely cause is being in the birth canal too long. Especially the first kitten coming breech after a long labor.

Does mom seem to be done now?

Do you plan to spay her?