3 month old kitten

Tdinh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We adopted her about 2 months ago. She's super sweet and loving. Can anyone help me maybe guess what she could be? I just want to know in case I need to be aware of any health issues or such. I wish I had better pictures but she's either sleeping or jumping everywhere.

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's adorable! Don't apologize for the pictures, they are extremely cute :redheartpump:

I would describe your kitten as a blue domestic shorthair. Blue is the "cat fancy" term for gray in cats.

Although some breeds do come in a solid blue color like your kitten, the color in itself doesn't indicate specific breed ancestry. Most cats are not any particular breed, but that doesn't make them any less special -- domestic shorthairs are great cats!

I wouldn't worry about any particular health issues. Has she seen a vet for checkups and vaccinations? It's also a good time to have her spayed, if that hasn't been done already. Those are probably the most important steps you can take for her health right now.

Holistic Cat Mama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She looks just like the kitty I rescued! They are likely just cats but I like to say mine is Russian Blue. They look quite similar to me!

Vaccinations though I disagree if the cat will be kept inside. (as it should)
I have never vaccinated strictly indoor cats and kittens. The vaccinations are mainly for viruses. They need to be in contact with an infected cat but indoor cats don't have contact with another cat. (unless you bring one home) There are more risks getting these vaccines than catching a virus from other cats they will never see. I've never had an unvaccinated cat get a catch a deadly virus. Not judging those who do.

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Domestic shorthair. Solid blue in color. Or grey as many says. The tabby stripes are ghost stripes and will prob disappear with time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tdinh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you, ill keep that in mind.

Tdinh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's adorable! Don't apologize for the pictures, they are extremely cute :redheartpump:

I would describe your kitten as a blue domestic shorthair. Blue is the "cat fancy" term for gray in cats.

Although some breeds do come in a solid blue color like your kitten, the color in itself doesn't indicate specific breed ancestry. Most cats are not any particular breed, but that doesn't make them any less special -- domestic shorthairs are great cats!

I wouldn't worry about any particular health issues. Has she seen a vet for checkups and vaccinations? It's also a good time to have her spayed, if that hasn't been done already. Those are probably the most important steps you can take for her health right now.
First of all, your cat is soo precious! And yes, she has been. It took us 2 months because most of the places around us are not taking in new clients because of the pandemic. Unfortunately, she did come with fleas. We have the medicine that we're supposed to apply on her monthly but aside from that, we don't really know how to approach this.

Tdinh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
First of all, your cat is soo precious! And yes, she has been. It took us 2 months because most of the places around us are not taking in new clients because of the pandemic. Unfortunately, she did come with fleas. We have the medicine that we're supposed to apply on her monthly but aside from that, we don't really know how to approach this.
Sorry! Wrong post? I'm still so new to this. Haha

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vaccines are extremely important for kittens, I always recommend 3 sets of shots, and yearly booster then just do titre tests. Even indoor only kitties can escape or even catch something at a boarding place or at the vets sadly. Just not worth the risk cause you never know when a stray needs help lol. I agree with not over vaccinating for sure though. The whole yearly shots is yah no. Too much. She is stunning!

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She looks like my Juno too (now about 6 months old), who's a DSH. I've started calling her a Maltese, which seems to be less a breed and more a coloring descriptor referring to blue or gray cats of any breed. It strikes me sort of like tabby or calico or tuxedo-- a term that lets someone picture your cat (without thinking they are actually blue 😄). Plus, I admit it, I like the term because it makes my precious one sound fancy, which I think she is!

JAG

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's beautiful. We don't know what our 3 month (we think) Baby Blue is exactly either.....her eyes have stayed blue and markings under her eyes are darker now. We just know she's our baby. :cool: