~3 month old kitten pees on duvet and her own bed

tigerlilykitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
HELP ME PLEASE!! I adopted a kitty about 2.5 weeks ago from the SPCA. I'm not sure how old she is (they said about 3 months) and since I have had her anytime she gets on a duvet she pees on it. She uses her litter box (I have 2 boxes for 1 little kitty) most of the time. However, she also seems to like to pee on her own cushion beds (for instance the one that came with her from the SPCA that is in her crate). I have used the special cleaning solutions to get rid of the smell so she doesn't associate it with the blankets. I have been keeping her out of the bedrooms but she still seems intent on peeing on something soft about once a day. She hasn't peed on the sofas or chairs, only her fluffy cushions and my duvets. She did have a UTI and has been treated successfully with antibiotics. She is fixed and her nails are clipped, not removed. I am loosing my mind and I really don't want to give her up, but is there any hope she might grow out of this? She is super sweet and the only thing wrong is that she finds a soft surface to pee on about once a day. I have removed pretty much everything soft at this point but it is super frustrating. Has anyone been through this? Does anyone have any suggestions?

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She did have a UTI and has been treated successfully with antibiotics.
This really stood out to me. I would think she is not recovered from her UTI. Most kittens readily use their litter boxes and the fact that she is peeing on soft things makes me think she is still uncomfortable. See about having the vet's run the Urine Sensitivity culture test and/or definitely bring in another pee sample to have it checked. I would, at this point, keep her confined until you can get this all sorted out. We don't want her to develop any lasting behavioral peeing issues from this either. :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

Contained inside this article is a link on how to successfully remove cat urine too.
[article="32366"][/article]

[article="32341"][/article]

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

tigerlilykitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much Feralvr!! I think you're right. I'm going back to the vet!!

Thanks again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tigerlilykitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!! Great news!! She seemed to use her litter box ALL day today!!... Just one question... how much do approximately 3 month old kittens pee and poop? In the last 14 hours shes had 2 poops and 4 pees... If kittens pee way more, then she has definitely found a new place to pee :(

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi!! Great news!! She seemed to use her litter box ALL day today!!... Just one question... how much do approximately 3 month old kittens pee and poop? In the last 14 hours shes had 2 poops and 4 pees... If kittens pee way more, then she has definitely found a new place to pee :(
GOOD NEWS, indeed !!! That sounds about right for a kitten. Kitten's tend to drink a bit more so four to five pees sounds about right. Just make sure the clumps are about the same size and don't appear to be too small OR if you see many little small clumps. Signs of a UTI and frequent peeing!!