3 Month Old Kitten Having Soft Stool

Karenlikescats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,
My 3 month old kitten has been having soft stools, but not diahrrea, for 3 days now. She has has no changes in appetite and behavior- acting completely herself! I feel like she may be drinking more water than usual. I stopped giving her wet food yesterday but no changes yet. She had a fever a couple weeks ago and the vet gave her an antibiotic that I don't know the name of. She was on the antibiotic for two weeks and the soft stool started the last day of the antibiotic.
Could the antibiotic be causing this? Is this something she needs to see the vet about? She is acting completely normal but it still worries me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Karenlikescats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Forgot to mention she tested positive for worms last month and went through wormer, and her last visit she was tested negative for worms.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The antibiotic could well be the cause. The antibiotic also kills good bacteria in the intestines. Some people give a probiotic but I have no experience. They will grow back to normal numbers on their own and the balance in the intestines will return to normal.