3 long haired domestic cats?

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello! Here are my three cats! I assume they are all just domestic long/medium haired cats, but I’m wondering if anyone thinks one of them looks like they have characteristics of a certain breed? 😄

Attachments

KittyJ

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They are longhairs. As for what breed(s) they resemble, they look like they could have some Maine coon in them. They are very beautiful!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Very nice cats, especielly righty is directly stunning.
Lefty is possibly /probably? a point!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Righty MAY be a torbie. Even if tabbies may have a game of colors, and being a very longhair even more so.
his hers paws are white? If so, we cant use the probierstone if some of the foot pads are pinkish, while others are blackish....
Green eyes are common with torties / torbies, but they arent mandatory, so its just a weak indicium.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are lovely cats!

I would describe them all as domestic longhairs. Most cats are not any particular breed, and are not mixes of breeds, unlike dogs. I don't see anything in these images that would indicate specific breed ancestry. That doesn't make them any less pretty or special, though... they are gorgeous :)

As far as their colors,
  • Cat on the left appears to be blue (gray) and white in color, although the lighting and background color makes it difficult to evaluate the exact color of the dark patch. Does this kitty have any other dark patches? StefanZ StefanZ I do not think this is a pointed cat, since the eyes are green.
  • Cat in the middle appears to be tortoiseshell and white, also known as calico.
  • Cat on the right appears to be blue (gray) mackerel tabby and white (I see the white paw). I'm not seeing any obvious evidence in the picture that this cat is a torbie (tortoiseshell tabby), although it's not always easy to tell from pictures.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To compare, here's a Russian Blue cat's eye, which has even more blue tones. It's not uncommon for the inner part of the iris to have a more bluish or emerald green tint, while the outer edge of the iris often has a more golden or greenish-gold appearance.

BnEZkWRHqh6-png__880.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Righty MAY be a torbie. Even if tabbies may have a game of colors, and being a very longhair even more so.
his hers paws are white? If so, we cant use the probierstone if some of the foot pads are pinkish, while others are blackish....
Green eyes are common with torties / torbies, but they arent mandatory, so its just a weak indicium.
Yes her paws are white with pink pads:)

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They are lovely cats!

I would describe them all as domestic longhairs. Most cats are not any particular breed, and are not mixes of breeds, unlike dogs. I don't see anything in these images that would indicate specific breed ancestry. That doesn't make them any less pretty or special, though... they are gorgeous :)

As far as their colors,
  • Cat on the left appears to be blue (gray) and white in color, although the lighting and background color makes it difficult to evaluate the exact color of the dark patch. Does this kitty have any other dark patches? StefanZ StefanZ I do not think this is a pointed cat, since the eyes are green.
  • Cat in the middle appears to be tortoiseshell and white, also known as calico.
  • Cat on the right appears to be blue (gray) mackerel tabby and white (I see the white paw). I'm not seeing any obvious evidence in the picture that this cat is a torbie (tortoiseshell tabby), although it's not always easy to tell from pictures.
No, the cat on the left does not have anymore dark patches on her body, she is mostly white but she does have a grey tail:)

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
OK, so its not bluish, its sooner greenish. :)

Anyway, some strains among ragdolls does have greenish eyes, "turkose", so even if my color identification is faulty....

Good we with common forces managed to decide what is what. :)

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes exactly:) I did always wonder though, why her pads are dark when she is white. Maybe one day I’ll get a DNA test done!