2 year old male changing

Starly+Maple

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We've had our two-year-old male indoor cat for about a year and a half. A little over 2 months ago a friend reached out because she had a kitten who was not getting along with her dogs at home. We took in this new kitten and they were afraid of each other At first ( some mild hissing, to be expected) but After a week or so they were grooming each other, playing together and sleeping in the bed with us together. Suddenly about a week ago we've noticed that our older cat has become less active and less friendly. He is once again hissing and swatting at the kitten. He used to greet me At the door follow me everywhere and always want to play but now he just sits in my computer chair. He will only get up to use little box. He will not get up on his own to eat or drink. He will eat or drink but you have to put him in front of the food and take the kitten out of the room. He is walking as if he is weak and his meow is very concerning to me. I'm just very confused because I feel like it is definitely because of the new kitten but they were getting along great before. We have been trying pheromone plug ins and CBD treats recommended by the vet but he is not getting better. He seems almost traumatized. Please help me in any way you can. I really don't want to give up this new kitten but my first cat is my world and I'm hate seeing him like this

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Starly+Maple

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This has nothing to do with the kitten. You need to get your boy to the vet immediately, something is really wrong.
After 8 hours in the emergency vet, he's fine. The new one was just been asserting dominance apparently and he got stressed out